🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Not getting responses to proposals. How to ge...
Page options
hterry50
Community Member

Not getting responses to proposals. How to get first job.

I am new here to upwork, I am wanting to find some freelance work in addition to my full time job. I am a Graphic Designer for a Christian company that make gifts that are sold throughout the markeplace all over the world. I have alot of experience designing over many formats. I have done t-shirts, keyrings, silicone bracelets, wall art, ceramics, packaging, license plates, stickers, novelty toys, mugs, photo frames, the list goes on and on. I have also done some tv graphics for a news station I interned at. I have fully filled out my profile with some portfolio samples, sent out some proposals and took a few tests. Still not hearing anything back. Could someone please give me some advice to get started getting some jobs, or if something looks bad on my profile? Thanks for the help!

8 REPLIES 8
hodgesh
Community Member

Correct the errors in your Overview text. Talk about yourself less and talk about what you can do more. Do not say that you are looking to add some freelance work to your schedule because potential clients may think that you don't really have time for their projects.

isaacperkins
Community Member

Hi Holly,

What about web? would you be interested in that?

cheers

zak

Zak

Hi, I do not do alot of web. It is not my strongest area. I did take some classes in it, but I have not used it and have fogotten alot of the HTML and Javascript.

Farxad 

alden-jerry
Community Member

Good morning, 

I read your post and I am in the same situation that you are in. Now I don't do the same thing that you do. I have never made any key rings, or bracelets and I have never worked for a Christian academy, but I have took some test on this website to help improve my chances on a client looking at my profile. Unfortunately I'm unable to give you some advice on how to get recognized but I say hang in there because Ive read some post saying that this company does pay out really good.  So good luck to you. 

atreides1989
Community Member

Yeah, I'm more or less in the same situation, I find it hard for people to reply to my proposals. I have gotten two really good clients though, but I wish there was a better way to know what you're doing wrong in order to attract more attention! 

controlf5
Community Member

You need to change your proposal style:

Ask Question.

Cost should be competitive.

Share good sample of work.

Make some offers for clients so they can contact you.

If you are not sure about job then tell to client that is not a fix cost.

Try to know client name.

Send some quick design with proposal.

Be active to apply on new job and reply for win a job.

You can tell to your local clients to hire on upwork (Take payment only on upwork) so you can get some feedback there.

Dont frustrated. keep trying :pSmiley Happy

I hope this point will work 

1342fd76
Community Member

Seek and you shall find