🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Opportunities for Graphic Designer On Upw...
Page options
zohaumar
Community Member

Opportunities for Graphic Designer On Upwork?

Well, I've not been getting work recently, which gave me the time to wander on communities and blog posts. I've seen that there are various talent programs for Developers, Virtual Assistants and even Copywriter, whoever, I couldn't find any opportunity as such for graphic designer. Is there any? Like groups or talent clouds? And what should I do to get there. Thanks for the support.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoha,

You can read more about our Premium Programs in this Help article. While we currently don't have a program for Graphic Design, note that there are a lot of opportunities for you as a graphic designer to establish your career on Upwork. Looking at your work history it seems you've been very busy and have successfully bid on and completed a number of jobs.

Other users from your category will hopefully follow up soon with more advice, but I would suggest revamping your overview to include more specific information of the services you're offering your clients and including your previous work (to which you hold the copyright or have permission from the owner to publish on your profile) in your Portfolio.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoha,

You can read more about our Premium Programs in this Help article. While we currently don't have a program for Graphic Design, note that there are a lot of opportunities for you as a graphic designer to establish your career on Upwork. Looking at your work history it seems you've been very busy and have successfully bid on and completed a number of jobs.

Other users from your category will hopefully follow up soon with more advice, but I would suggest revamping your overview to include more specific information of the services you're offering your clients and including your previous work (to which you hold the copyright or have permission from the owner to publish on your profile) in your Portfolio.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for the reply, Vladimir. And thanks a lot for the advice. I'd defiitely add more work and develop my Overview. Another question though I have. Some of the "graphic designers" have got access to Upwork pro and talent groups? How is that possible? As in, talent group undoubtedly has a possibility if they invite you, but Upwork Pro is especially for developers right? There's a little less scope of work in the normal job feeds. It's limited to >$500. Anyway. I hope to the level best that you guys come up with talent programs for Graphic Designers, cause we are needed everywhere! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the support and reply!

Zoha

Hi Zoha,

Please note that I won't be able to comment on freelancers you mentioned without looking at the profiles you're referring to. Feel free to pm the link so I could check and advise.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello

I've been raising all forms of tickets and questions about why Graphic Designers have yet not been given the opportunity to access private talent program jobs.  

I'm one of the designers with a good Upwork history and yet I find it hard to get clients who value my work.

A number of jobs with the reasonably well budget are very less here and there's no perk of being a top rated freelancer with 99% of success score; at least none I can find. 

My only question is, why don't we have Private Talent Cloud job opportunities for Graphic Designers? 

Do we not now? I think Talent Cloud is by invite from the client only, I did one and I'm a graphic designer. It was a couple of years ago though. What I'm wondering is if you did a Talent Cloud job and qualified and onboarded with the minimum qualifications on the list, can you add others to reach additional prospective Talent Cloud clients? 

Hi Zoha,

To clarify my earlier post, you can apply to join and find great opportunities as a graphic designer in the Team Builder program, but the Pro Design group is still on hold.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
frank_gutierrez
Community Member

I tried to Join the PRemium Freelancer Program, unfurtenately i cant find an option for Design.

You guys should add that option in there.

Thank you

dobariya-kishor
Community Member

Graphic design, sometimes known as communication design, involves working with and producing images and text. There are a variety of jobs that require graphic design skills. These range from jobs in advertising to animation to printmaking to production design. When applying for jobs in any of these fields, you will want to demonstrate your graphic design expertise in your job applications.