🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Please review my profile
Page options
rmdesigners
Community Member

Please review my profile

Hi, 
I hope everyone is doing great these days. I am new to UpWork and a lot of confusion about submitting a proposal and related. I am a graphic designer and I have a portfolio on Behance. Now, what am I looking for is can you please review my profile.is there anything else to update.
Looking forward to your response. 
Thank You, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kbadeau
Community Member

Your profile is private, so we can't see it. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
kbadeau
Community Member

Your profile is private, so we can't see it. 

Hi,

Kelly B thanks for your information, My account is already live but I don't know why it happens anyways I will check.

Rabad M wrote:

Hi,

Kelly B thanks for your information, My account is already live but I don't know why it happens anyways I will check.

I still don't see it. Go to your profile page (if you want it to be public) and choose public from the visibility dropdown menu. Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 10.37.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-31 at 10.41.41 AM.png

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Kelly, I am new on Upwork (2 months) and have done 4 jobs. But recently I notice my profile view ratio is down. So I request you to please review my profile and suggest me your feedback. So that I can rectify my problem and can fix it.

Thank You

Suman B.

hey Kelly I am also new here can you please also review my profile and then I will fix it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rabad, 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Avery

Thanks for your valuable Information.

94083b8f
Community Member

Hi Avery,
Can you please spare some time to review my profile and guide me with the necessary amends?

mrfanterstic
Community Member

Hi,

I have completed quite a few jobs on Upwork with great reviews too. However recently i haven't been receiving responses at all from all my submitted proposals. I think maybe I did domething wrong when I revamped my profile. Kindly help me take a look at my profile. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016129ca30ad7d71b5

Thanks.

Hello Ajewole,

Your profile looks very good to me, should be other reasons why you're getting less responses.

You could also contact support if there's an issue with your account.

All the best!!!

Hi Ajewole, your profile is missing 

Availability Badge
Fix this and you are good to go.

Also, I see your JSS is below 90%.

It becomes hard when JSS is below 90 as clients have a filter button to search freelancers with JSS above 90%.

Make sure your Availability Badge marks you "Available Now" and try harder to deliver good jobs so that your JSS comes up again. 

I have been there below 90 once, its hard there but keep trying and you will be back again. 🙌

Thanks Ankit & Onyeka, I will make good use of both your advice. Thanks

c31504f3
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I hope you are doing well.
Sorry to bother you with the same type of request as many but I need help to improve my profile and get more job opportunities accepted.
I am originally a product designer (industrial design) and I would like to establish myself as a graphic designer.
I am starting with brand identity as I have done some logos and worked a bit on it before but the projects are pretty short.
Any advice or criticism is welcome.

Best regards

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e4815ccede994d35?viewMode=1

ankit48
Community Member

Hi Gabriel, welcome to the Upwork.
Your portfolio items are great. If you want bigger and long-term job opportunities, my suggestion will be to increase your area of service. 

If an Ecom store/company comes to you for their logo, try to provide them with more than just the logo. 
Like their packaging designs, letterhead designs, business card, email template, brochure designs and marketing material. 

Take some time and talk to your client over the call, try to know how they are going to implement their plan and then think yourself about how you can help them. 

For that, I will suggest you make a full portfolio package of items that I talk earlier and put on your profile. 

And in portfolio items, try to showcase your journey with the client. Your first drafts of the logo, then another and then the final logo. 

Include some sketches on paper, things like you will do in a real job. 

Wish you the best of luck on your Upwork journey.

Just keep trying, things will become smooth over time 🙂

c31504f3
Community Member

Thank you again, Ankit,

I am also interested in UX UI now (I am following a UX course only and will try to create a portfolio for that as well) The idea would be to become a (digital) Product Designer.
Do you mentor on any platform? I believe I can use the insight of a technical person with experience...

c31504f3
Community Member

Thank you so much, Ankit.
I was thinking that too. Also, it is not easy to make up a project which doesn't look unreal or too general.
I will try harder.
Your feedback is much appreciated as this is a lonely fight.