🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Portfolio Images Cropped
Page options
answeringmachine
Community Member

Portfolio Images Cropped

Over the past two days I have been updating my illustration portfolio with projects and images.  Since yesterday it seems the format of the "add portfolio project" page has changed, and now every image I upload has to be cropped in a landscape orientation.  The images I previously uploaded still show up uncropped.  Has anyone else noticed this?

7 REPLIES 7
designchampion
Community Member

Hi Chris, I am having the same problem. I can't believe they would do this because a lot of people have already created portfolio images for their previous layout. Now we have to redo everything. This new format is horrible and there is no reason to force us to use a landscape format.

UPWORK , Please correct this mistake and change the portfolio images to display how they are uploaded. The cover can be cropped, that's normal, but to crop our uploaded images is counter productive for us to share our work.  Please fix it as soon as possible.

glacial
Community Member

I have this problem too. Makes showcasing longer vertical-oriented images (any website, basically) impossible since you have to crop a small portion of an image and nobody will see the rest of it.

darush
Community Member

Upwork team, please fix this issue. All my images of a mobile screen are cropped on top and bottom and only the center is shown. We should be able to use free-size images for portfolio projects.

You can see the problem in the image that I've attached.

a15efd68
Community Member

I agree, this is very fursterating. On my behalf, I made vertical posters and this doesn't seem fair.

Totally incomprehensible that a platform used for a lot of deisgn work has such a debilitating issue with portfolio formatting. Bleh.

I swear this should be brought to the attention to Upwork. Such arts and services deserves a proper display.

80912a9a
Community Member

I just noticed this too! My images are cropped and can't be scaled/reduced to fit. The aspect ratio isn't even 16:9.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**