🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Portfolio Images Pixelated
Page options
hjd_2019
Community Member

Portfolio Images Pixelated

Hi all... I'm new to Upwork and am going through the process of creating my portfolio. I have vector images that I've uploaded as png that are extremely pixelated when viewed in my portfolio through Upwork. They look just fine when I open them on my computer!  Any ideas???  Thanks so much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Heather J wrote:

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  My images are 400 px wide. When I make them any larger prior to uploading the full image doesn't show. I must be missing something... 

Try as jpg.

As these do look too pixelated.

Not sure I understand why increasing doesn't show whole image (just checked one of mine - 1600x1800px and it works fine).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pudingstudio
Community Member

Heather J wrote:

Hi all... I'm new to Upwork and am going through the process of creating my portfolio. I have vector images that I've uploaded as png that are extremely pixelated when viewed in my portfolio through Upwork. They look just fine when I open them on my computer!  Any ideas???  Thanks so much!

Reduce dimensions (canvas size) before exporting as .png (from your vector design software).

Or increase them.

Either way: select correct-ish dimensions before exporting as raster.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  My images are 400 px wide. When I make them any larger prior to uploading the full image doesn't show. I must be missing something... 

Ok well it's weird... I just added another project and those images are fine (with no editing of canvas size) so it must be something with those specific images.

Heather J wrote:

Ok well it's weird... I just added another project and those images are fine (with no editing of canvas size) so it must be something with those specific images.

Just now saw your new post, so just disregard my previous one.

Heather J wrote:

Try as jpg.

As these do look too pixelated.

Not sure I understand why increasing doesn't show whole image (just checked one of mine - 1600x1800px and it works fine).

Oh!  It's just in the preview/upload box where they are cropped. Once they get into the actual portfolio they look fine. Thanks again for your help!