🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Portfolio Video Uploads? I Need It. Here's Wh...
Page options
aldywaanimusic
Community Member

Portfolio Video Uploads? I Need It. Here's Why.. :)

Hi, i'm fairly new here in Upwork. I wonder if there's anyway we can really upload video(s) instead of links from YT and Vimeo? If i upload a video on a Portfolio Classic Template the video are shown as an attachments. My video size is still under 25MB size limit.

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 8.02.02 AM.png

Mostly i'm working on major national TV commercials & Music Videos, some of the work i've done are not available on Youtube or Vimeo, due to NDAs, Copyrights, etc. If it did available on Youtube, it must be from Client's Official YT Channel (which i did linked to it for some work). I do have the original video files, I always prepared reels with watermarks or my logo intro. But i do not wan't to be as an attachments, in portfolio or when send Porposals. Clients would be lazy to check on it, unless they specifically ask for it.

My solution at this moment is to give link to my GoogleDrive and OneDrive on the proposals. (But i doubt they will check on it..) Smiley Sad

So, as a Video-Post-Production expertise or Video Creator, this feature kinda essential for me.  

And if we able to upload video file directly, it would be best to make it larger than 25MB, please. Like 75MB maybe? In 2019 the era of 8K high-quality HEVC, HDR.. watching a showreel or mockup videos in low-res 960x540 mp4 is ... really something 🙂

One more thing, in my networks, Video Editors, VFX or 3D Artists tend to make our Showreel videos compiled from 10-20 jobs in one video in about one minute duration, to make it more appealing and visually attractive just like Trailers or Before/After VFX work instead of sending each one file. (Yet i will still not wan't this to upload on my Youtube Channel. My Channel are dedicated for Music work) 🙂

last but not least... Is there any specific Video/Post-Production groups? I would like to join, to meet and learn with new awesome people 🙂 

Thank you for reading

Cheers!

A.W

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aldy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I already sent your suggestions to the team for consideration.

Edited to add: I can confirm that our Product team will be exploring ways to show uploaded video files that are not on YouTube and Vimeo in a player in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Aldy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I already sent your suggestions to the team for consideration.

Thank you.

Thank you for reading Aleksandar!