🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Portfolio descriptions
Page options
a4cc049a
Community Member

Portfolio descriptions

Why does the same portfolio description show up under each of my portfolio individual image?

All I can change is a short caption when I'd rather tell a story about how I accomplished that particular project.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gary,

Thanks for following up. If you would like to put a separate description, you can upload each portfolio item separately. You can also use the 'Case Study' template for each project so that you have a chance to tell a story for each. If you use the 'Gallery' template, all the images will be bundled into one portfolio item. Feel free to check out this post for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Gary,

It looks like you're referring to the portfolio items that are showing in both your General and Specialized profile. If you edit your portfolio items, this will also update the portfolio items showing on your other profile. Let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a4cc049a
Community Member

I appreciate your response, but, no, it doesn't answer my question, Yet. Let's try again.

I have three profiles: my main profile and separate profiles for my Illustration and graphic design portfolio profiles. They do not bleed over to each other.

I want to keep the portfolio profiles as they are, but those profiles appear below every single portfolio item. If I try to change the description information relative to the individual project, it changes ALL of the descriptions in that portfolio.
My question is, "How do I change the descriptions under my images, so I can talk about the process and challenges for each?
Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for following up. Could you please send me a PM with more information? You can also share screenshots on your PM so I can replicate your concern. You can click on my name to send me a PM. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a4cc049a
Community Member

These captures are page 1 & 2 of 6 in "My Graphic Design Portfolio."

Notice at the bottom where it says "Project Description." They are exactly the same descriptions, as they are in the entire portfolios (both portfolios). I want each to relate to the design above on each page.

Screen capture : https://www.upwork.com/fl/garys637?s=1017484851352698959&viewMode=1&p=1253116879633838080

Screen capture 2: https://www.upwork.com/fl/garys637?s=1017484851352698959&viewMode=1&p=1253116879633838080

Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for following up. If you would like to put a separate description, you can upload each portfolio item separately. You can also use the 'Case Study' template for each project so that you have a chance to tell a story for each. If you use the 'Gallery' template, all the images will be bundled into one portfolio item. Feel free to check out this post for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork