🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Price for Web Development?
Page options
820cbd64
Community Member

Price for Web Development?

Hi everyone!

I am looking to hire a web developer to design and create my mobile and desktop friendly eCommerce website, although I am unsure how much to charge for this. Since I'll be using Shopify or wix, I estimate that it will not be a big project. I've heard that those platforms are quite easy to use.

Should I put a random number out there? I'd say my budget is low for web development but not for Shopify and wix (it won't be super customized). Would $200 for an intermeditate designer work?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
rsplshyam
Community Member

Hi Corin,

You should also see following points before getting into choosing a platform:

• Maintenance cost.
• Plugins or their stores.
• Does your website require custom development or not

• Do these platforms provide you much control over your website?
• There is a large ecosystem of visual templates, designs, and plugins available, which can be used for putting together a website that looks professional, are these platforms providing the same

I would suggest posting your project in milestones, like designing, development, and testing then deployment.

You will get lots of suggestions on quotes, and question from different freelancers also, for other CMS and opensource platforms,

Thanks,

DIf you want to try Shopify or Wix, go for it.

It's not like you're stuck with them forever.

Try one and keep your mind open to other options in th future.

If you are on a really tight budget just be honest about it and ask freelancers what they could do using Wix for $200.