🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Problems with the portfolio page
Page options
sourceprouk
Community Member

Problems with the portfolio page

Does anybody else have absolute hell using the portfolio app? I am talking about text that disappears, scrambled photos, entries that change order at random, etc. I wonder how much it is costing me in my time trying to put my portfolio together with an app that is costing me quite a bit in Upwork fees.

Add to this the annoying Windows-paper-clip-type pop up messages that keep appearing and blocking what you are doing.

I am thinking that if I draw my portfolio by hand and upload it, it wil take me less time.

I have asked before, if Upwork has got hundreds of programmers and web designers listed, why can't they hire some of them to sort out their site? With the Upwork fees, how can they be penny pinching on this?

MY BIGGEST FEAR: By the evident weakness of the Upwork site, it is highly likely that it will get attacked by a virus like the recent world-wide one and gone will be all my projects, money, portfolio, bank details and personal data for identity theft. This is not a joke!

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Federico,

Can you please take screenshots and share more details on a support ticket about the problem you're having when uploading items to your Portfolio? Also, note that Upwork uses strong malware, ransomware and phishing detection tools and internal measures to protect our community. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

There are NO screenshots that can show the problems. I have entered the descriptive test of the photos, of which there are many, in various projects, 3-4 times, and your system has deleted them every time after saving them.

It is now a few days working on the portfolio when I should be looking for work and working. I cannot move forward in the portfolio as I spend the time going back to correct what your system screwed up!

Do you not realise that one cannot edit the project either? as every time I click edit, it opens to edit but it has deleted all the captions on the photos! Now I simply do not dare try to edit project by adding photos or text as I will have to do it all and remember all the text in my captions.

New trick by your software: while working on project entry, it just akes me back to the settings page and I lose all the work I did. Any more tricks?

Will you ever accept that your system is unstable?

It is driving me bonkers. I have had enough! Now my projects go without explanatory text. And your annoying pop-up messages appear on EVERY picture I upload insisting I write a long description for the photo. Great.

I just cannot do it I GIVE UP! get your software sorted out for heaven's sake!

Hi Federico,

I'll share the information you provided with our team so they can try to replicate and follow up with you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I am having the same problem with the skills section randomly reordering itself when I publish my specialized profile.

Is there a solution to this? I need to emphasize those skills that relate directly to the purpose of my specialized profile.

I need it to look like the screen shot that begins with Print Design, not the one that has Brochure at the top of the list.

Another problem is that when I add portfolio items to my general profile it ports them over to my specialized profile where they may not be relevant.

Please help and get this erratic behavior straightened out.

Also how do I file a support ticket on this and other issues?

Hi John,

I'll check this with our team and get back to you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience while we look into this.

~ Bojan
Upwork

John M wrote:

I am having the same problem with the skills section randomly reordering itself when I publish my specialized profile.

Is there a solution to this? I need to emphasize those skills that relate directly to the purpose of my specialized profile.

I need it to look like the screen shot that begins with Print Design, not the one that has Brochure at the top of the list.

Another problem is that when I add portfolio items to my general profile it ports them over to my specialized profile where they may not be relevant.

Please help and get this erratic behavior straightened out.

Also how do I file a support ticket on this and other issues?

John,

Those of us who know better do not jump on the Upwork bandwagon when they roll out a new feature, as the specialized profile thing is. I suggest you delete what you've done and leave your profile as is ... they're not going to fix anything any time soon - trust me on this.

Do a forum search, and you'll find threads like this one:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Help-My-Specialized-Profile-Ate-My-General-Profile/m-p/5...