🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Process of design work for logo.
Page options
erickespinozab
Community Member

Process of design work for logo.

Hello, a query, I can send progress of work to my client to follow a process or I send the whole process to complete the milestone, I have three logo routes and are in pencil, I would like to know the opinion of my client, about which work, but obviously does not have the necessary abtraccion to see it, I do not want to judge about not finished and know that it is an advance, which then I will present color and better finished. What do you suggest?

5 REPLIES 5
silw
Community Member

what?

raselmia68
Community Member

mtngigi
Community Member

@Erick E wrote:

Hello, a query, I can send progress of work to my client to follow a process or I send the whole process to complete the milestone, I have three logo routes and are in pencil, I would like to know the opinion of my client, about which work, but obviously does not have the necessary abtraccion to see it, I do not want to judge about not finished and know that it is an advance, which then I will present color and better finished. What do you suggest?

I'll try.

Your process of hand-sketching will have to be recreated to a digital vector format, which is what most clients looking for a logo are expecting. So I would suggest that you recreate the work in Illustrator and present your ideas that way.

Or .... if you have a scanner, you can scan your hand-drawn artwork and send those three ideas to the client for feedback as to which one they'd like to develop further.

No matter how you present your ideas, your final design has to be digitized/recreated in (preferably) a vector file format.

digiphics
Community Member

Hi Erick,

With just about any design project I scan hand drawn images (see attachment) to send to clients as a concept or thought process, it for me shows them that a process is happening and later after they suggest which concept they like I then take that into the digital world and create a vector to present to them. I've had mixed responces to these scans, either they love seeing the process or complain that they don't want to see drawings. When a client and I are face to face in my office I utilize a wall of white boards to draw right in front of them to spark their interest and to give them ideas to think about, this makes clients appreciate your skills more. Hope this helps

vastianzzz
Community Member

I think Erick's question is mainly focusing on the dilema of showing the client the progress as it is so far vs waiting it out until you have more "presentable" files to show.
While I do think it can be really valuable to show the client part of the process, to sort of "involve them" in the process. I think it can be kind of a risky move and it depends a lot on the particular client. Some people are good reading visual languages, and can easily tell that you're just showing them the concept of an idea. While other's can enter in a panic state if they see a sketch, thinking that one crooked line you did without a ruler is part of the finished design.

For that reason, I'd say it depends a lot on the individual client, how much you know them, and for how long you've been working with them.

But I think it's alltogether a bit nicer, and a bit more professional in msot cases, to leave the presentation of a logo for a scheduled meeting where you can set up a nice presentation for the client, that displays your three options for them to chose.

Those would be my two cents on the issue. Would like to know what you think.