🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Promo video production estimate
Page options
b28adcfd
Community Member

Promo video production estimate

Hi,

What would be a reasonable amount of time you would spend on a promo video production gig? Including both directing, video shooting and editing?

Eg a company presentation. 

Dries

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Depends on what's in it.

You can look at my introduction video on my profile page.

The whole thing cost only about $1000, including fees for talent, shooting, and editing.

That cost includes the short version you see on the profile page, and the full version you can find on YouTube.

Fees for two talent: $250 each. And about $500 for director, shooting, editing.

I wrote the script myself, so there was no cost for that.

cue3productions
Community Member

For me I would shoot a commercial in about 4 Hr, that is setup for sound, lighting, cameras, shooting the video and then tear down. After that I would say a commercial with just actors and no animation would take me one day to edit. But then I have to go back over it a few times to work out all bugs, that would take about 3 days to get the commercial the way I want it as far as sound, lighting, colors, and all clips. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

49a78e18
Community Member

Like Preston said, it depends on the scope of the production. With shooting and basic editing like color correction, sound, etc the promo video shouldn't take more than a day or two. If you're adding any post production vfx, motion graphics, or any other type of animation then it'll take a little longer for post.