🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Proposal
Page options
demetriusedd
Community Member

Proposal

Have you ever made that one proposal that you feel sure to get the client's attention?, You even went further to make a sample specifically for that type of job just to show the client that you're fit for the job. Only to find out that the job was cancelled the next day?
4 REPLIES 4
richard_wein
Community Member

I have a similar case. I made a proposal recently for a job where I was excellently qualified. Not only have I done many jobs of that general type, but I had recently done an almost identical job. Both jobs were Excel integrations with a relatively little known web API, and I think it's very unlikely that any other applicant had previous experience with that particular API.

Unfortunately, the client was already interviewing 4 applicants, and it seems he hired from among those 4. So he probably didn't look at any more proposals. 

I took a look at the profile of the freelancer who was hired. Although he was a more experienced (and more expensive) programmer than me in general, there was no mention in his profile of him having specific experience in this particular area.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Hi Richard,

You mentioned that you had seen the profile of somebody who is hired for job. Can you tell me please how can I see who is hired?

Natasa V wrote:

Hi Richard,

You mentioned that you had seen the profile of somebody who is hired for job. Can you tell me please how can I see who is hired?

Hi Natasa.

In your web browser...

1. Go to the job posting. If it's one you've proposed for, you can probably find it via Find Work > Proposals > Archives.

2. Scroll down to 'Client's Recent History", and find the job listed there. It may be under the "Jobs in progress" drop-down. Or it may not have appeared yet.

3. If the freelancer's name has a link, that will take you to their profile.

Great advice, thank you Richard very much.