🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Quality work demand exists or not on Upwork
Page options
ltiberiu
Community Member

Quality work demand exists or not on Upwork

My opinion:

After 2 months on Upwork site and almost 60 work proposals later, searching jobs and freelancers profiles that have or not have the same amount of experience as i have at being a ERUDITE artist, i mean by this having an art degree and meaningful knowledge, some irregularities made me ask if there is any requests from clients on this site for high quality artworks of visual art (graphic design, vector based art, digital painting or photography).

Therefore, erudite artists have almost none to zero jobs and even when they get some, the job history success it's at 70%. On the other hand, "wannabe's" artiststhat have zero, but i mean zero know-how and lack even the basics of composition, colors, human body proportions (i can hear some arguments on this, so to shut them up, even if it's a Picasso, it still has a harmonious proportion at wich this "artists" fail lamentable), perspective or simple aestheticshave 100% job success rate and dozens of jobs. When what they do can be classified in two simple words: KITSCH!, or in best case scenario, CUTE!. And I'm not just subjective. A KITSCH it's a KITSCH everywhere, doesn't depend on climate or human race.

So is there a "game" for experienced artists and they even have what to hunt here?

I'm curios about what views you have on this sites low or high quality offers, so please feel free to express them. 

Topics problem: is there any high quality demand on this site or not?

We are not talking about marketing strategies here.

Respond based on topic if you have something meaningful to say, if you feel attacked, refrain from any unnecessary replies and humorous jokes. I want to hear a relevant answer to my problem.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
bobafett999
Community Member

Yesit does exist, but those jobs are rare and few.  The space you operate - digital design is dominated by clients who are basically middle-men.  They get a contract either for web site design or brochure design they would look for lowest priced bottom of the barrel talent. 

It also might help if you were to insert few more of your work in your profile.  Just two black and white images don't excite people.

Also, remember that there may be thousands of freelancers who are competing for the same bone as you are.  If you are looking for a steady stream of income - Upwork is not a platform (no freelancing platform is).  Upwork gives you 30 free bids vs some other platform like Thumbtack where you have to pay/bid.  (I closed my account in 1 day over there.  In my work they wanted $30 per bid and most of those jobs I believe were fake).

Upwork is not perfect. but hey once in a while  I do make some money.

Prashant,

Thank you for your answer.

But as i specified, my domain of expertise extends to graphic design, vector artworks, illustration, digital painting and photography.

So for graphic design: almost 0 quality work demand.

And again, as i cleary said in the topic, we are not talking marketing strategies here, like in another topic that's dead now. Because of intellectual theft, my profile contains no portfolio.

I have a full time partnership, i'm not looking for a steady work here, but if you get 1 or 2 quality jobs per year it seems like a waste of time.

However, as a personal opinion, i'm guessing that the offer creates the request.

So i guess that the obvious answer, extracted from silence, is:

THERE'S ZERO QUALITY DEMAND ON UPWORK SITE.

And this is, or not, the result of catastrophic offers from the so called "artists"?

Or all started with low quality requests that allured this unlearned mass of rubble, greedy for easy earned money?

But i blame the "artists". They even think about themselves: "I'M HIGHLY EXPERIENCED" in their imaginary world where after they had a few jobs with a "100% job succes" badge, after doing some turds, just jump from 5$/h to 50$/h.

So this is the overall problem here.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They have: a economic or psychology or farming degree or any "no future university", and lots of guts and callousness to destroy and colapse this market, because they need "easy money", wich their actual expertise failed to serve.

And the poor client it's not to blame! What he believes is what he sees!

That a "expert artist" with a huge hour request of money has 100% job succes and the herd spirit takes him away.

SAD.

AND PATHETIC.