🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » SUGGESTION
Page options
d4ccf758
Community Member

SUGGESTION

Hi, I'm new in up work and any other freelancer website. I make my resume and my portfolio here and in adobe. Is there any suggestion that I can get a project? because of all my project for another country and I'm new here. No feedback and no rate in this site make everything difficult. I prepare a proposal but it didn’t work.

2 REPLIES 2
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Upwork touts itself as a "global freelancing platform".

Even though the majority of your work experience might be from a certain country, you should feel free to apply to jobs posted by clients in other countries, provided you have the skills they are looking for.

You complete the work remotely without needing to fly to the client's country, live or settle there.

This is not the same as traditional jobs.

These are gigs you're applying for, to be done from your PC.

Read up on the resources that have been posted here on getting started as a new freelancer on Upwork.

A lot has been published on this.

And when you start bidding on jobs, know that it might take a while before you land your first project.

But you will, if you don't give up!

If you make your profile public we can take a look at it and give you some ideas. I worked for a company for 20 years before joining Upwork and still it was hard to land good gigs when I first started. You have to be really creative and picky about your proposals and which jobs you apply to, and sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Generally speaking though if you try to get a few quick projects completed, and those clients leave great reviews, you can get the rising talent badge which will help.