🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Sample Cover Letter Of Graphic Designer
Page options
saxonrlane
Community Member

Sample Cover Letter

Hello,

I'm very new to freelance work and wanted to start putting myself out there for some work. I'm interested in doing voice-over/talent work. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me tips or sample cover letters for applying to voice talent jobs (at the beginner level) that would be very appreciated.

I don't have any work that pertains to voice over work so I can't use any as attachments or for a portfolio. I really am just a beginner to freelance work.

Thank you very much for your time!

Saxon

93 REPLIES 93

Ama M wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork. Can I please get any help regarding what is meant by a sample?

Thank you very much!

For you, you would include a social media post you created and how much attention/results it got, or a sample of one of your blog posts. As specific to the job you're applying to as possible.

How do i create a portfolio if it's my first time in data entry and email marketing?

Hi Janna Katrina,

To add a project to your portfolio go to your profile and scroll down to the 'Portfolio' section and click on the '+' button. For more information check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I mean what portfolios should i upload when i don't have experience in
freelancing yet

Hi Janna Katrina,

You can add the portfolio items of the work you've done for your clients outside of Upwork or even create samples to demonstrate the skills you do.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi preston,

Talking about a good collection of samples as a portfolio, how much would you consider as a good collection?

Thanks

how can we write the propsal regarding andriod app development .

Thanks Saumya Brata Dutt for valuable and tricky cover letter.

Thank you for your sample cover letter! 

Hello sir, can you give me some example cover letter.

kamal_mit
Community Member

Yes its true - Don't use a template cover letter. Don't look at someone else's sample. Voice work? Keep your letter short. Who really cares what you write? Your portfolio/samples and past reviews/feedback are what is important.

Just show your honesity and put point to point words. dont create your cover letter as NOvel.

jeupereira
Community Member

Hi,

The first step is to read the job offer carefully to make sure it fits your set of skills and your availability: you want to make sure that you can meet the clients needs on time.

Then, just be honest about why you're a good fit and showcase a specific project that resembles/answers the same  parametres as the job offer.

If possible, include a link to your website or a portfolio and always keep your profile information updated. This is also valid for the portfolio section on your profile page.

ps - avoid generic and impersonal cover letters.

aminder_singh
Community Member

Dear,

After reading your offer this looks like a perfect fit for my skill sets. I have built a large number of creative designs for different businesses.

My name is Amidner and I am an indian web graphic designer. I love web and graphic designs and have great portfolio with different mockups.

I can assure you several things in addition that I am a professional designer:
- I have a great design sense for European corporate design
- I am an indian with native English. I can guarantee quality in communications.
- I work extremely fast and with high quality

Thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to work with you.

Aminder,

Aminder:

I appreciate your attempt to provide a sample job proposal letter.

Maybe this would work with some jobs. But generally speaking, what you posted is not what I would suggest, and I don't think it is the route to success.

Your job proposal is all about you.

But when I post a job, as a client, I want the job proposal to be about ME.

I want it to be about ME and my project.

In your proposal, you don't say anything at all about me and my project. So I would not be impressed or pleased by this.

Saxon, as Preston and a few others have said - build a professional portfolio of sample work before trying to land a job.

V/O talent is hired based on:

1. How the voice sounds

2. Quality of production (this assumes you have a 'sound studio' of sorts]

3. Your ability to modulate your voice and style to cover a range of needs 

4. Accents you can emulate to perfection -otherwise do not claim you can!

All your cover letter has to include is a line or two and samples of relevant samples + your fee and dilivery date.

Thank for reply

I strongly agree with you...Thank you

Lots of about "I - ME - MYSELF". Nothing relates to "You - The Client"

The key thing in the cover letter has to be all about "You - The Client and The Project" it should cover all the aspects about the job.

We are here for job, not to show how cute you are. You never gets a job just based on your cover letters. Always apply kiss rule. Keep It Simple Stupid/Smarty.

rayhanmahmud11
Community Member

You have to read your job carefully then mention your quality as well as you have to know client demand.

ali-1407_arshad
Community Member

I have no work in upwork. How to possible for me. 

Hi Md. Arshad,

Welcome to Upwork. First you will need to update your profile and make sure that it passes our review. Once your profile is approved, you may proceed to apply to jobs related to your skills.

Here are some helpful links as a new freelancer in Upwork:

Getting Started as a Freelancer

Getting Started in Upwork

Submit a Proposal

@Lanie M wrote:

Hi Md. Arshad,

Welcome to Upwork. First you will need to update your profile and make sure that it passes our review. Once your profile is approved, you may proceed to apply to jobs related to your skills.

Here are some helpful links as a new freelancer in Upwork:

Getting Started as a Freelancer

Getting Started in Upwork

Submit a Proposal

I cannot understand WHY Upwork welcomes people on board with a large hostessy smile, and then later cynically (and cruelly), either  makes them walk the plank or suspends their account for copying other peoples' profiles.

Hi Nichola,

This is a public forum and our replies are read by other users who may have similar questions as the OP even if their situation and approach to starting out on Upwork is different. Hopefully, they'll read information Lanie shared and use it to be successful on the platform.

~ Valeria
Upwork

to get a job in upwork ,coverletter is enough?

or also need overview?

please let me know

masumnahar074
Community Member

Hello, I am New freelnacer. I din't won any bid. Please help how write a cover letter. Please send me a sample

Thanks.

Hi Mohammad,

You'll find samples and tips for writing custom proposals, with a wealth of other valuable advice and information in the resources we shared here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
hamzaavvan
Community Member

Well this may also help you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

re: "To get a job on Upwork, is a cover letter is enough? Or do I also need an overview?"

Sagor:

By "overview," you are referring the to the editable text that forms the general description of you and your services found on your profile page.

Yes, you need to have an overview. You already have this.

You are a graphic artist. So you should keep in mind that if clients are a like me, what they are MOST interested in is your PORTFOLIO.

Personally, when I hire artists, I don't pay any attention to overview text or proposals/cover letters. I look at the freelancer's portfolio.

For me, when I see your portfolio, it looks like you just downloaded some stuff you found on the Internet. This looks nothing like the distinctive portfolios of the artists I hire on Upwork.

As I am new in upwork, I do not have any reviews in my account. how should I start with to get my first job?

tanmoy14
Community Member

HI i m Snif **Edited for Community Guidelines** i m also new camer in this filde i want to get a jod in upwork 

re: "HI i m Snif **Edited for Community Guidelines** i m also new camer in this filde i want to get a jod in upwork"

Presumably in the Writing or English Translation categories.

Good luck with that.

digiphics
Community Member

Each and every cover letter should be creafted to the project, not a cut/paste cover letter. I write to the poster, to reach them and let them know I am offering my services and how the process works. I recently won a project because I told the reader in the letter that I wasn't going to waste their time with a letter saying how great of a designer I am. I got the project 5 minutes after sending that letter.

"I have downloaded your required files and viewed your cityscape image and am here to offer my services to you and a quick turnaround. I'm not going to waste your time with a proposal that tells you how awesome of an illustrator I am, I'm here to offer you my services as your request. Let me know and I'll start. I'm ready to start immediately, if your ready to hire me."

So write to the viewer and be short, concise and add samples. Make them WANT to hire you.

kamranmuhammad92
Community Member

Hi 

I am new on Upwork I do not know how can write a beautiful cover Latter sammple.

Hi Muhammad,

You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jameel-sharif
Community Member

Hello 
I am working on upwork and my skills are amazon, ebay, shopify, copywriting, about a year but Don't have many clients any can write a cover letter for me and also tell me how can i write a best cover letter?

re: "I don't have many clients. Can anybody write a cover letter for me and also tell me how I can write a best cover letter?"

Fozia:

You would like us to write a cover letter for you?

It sounds like you need to read these:

Tips for Writing a Cover Letter

How to write a cover letter

To Preston

Are you sure that all or most clients make a choice depending on the examples of previous works? We all have a statistic how many times profile was viewed. My experience says me that I can expect number of views about a third of the proposals. To do more great and relevant examples is a obvious think, but works only partly.

re: "Are you sure that all or most clients make a choice depending on the examples of previous works?"

I never meant to imply that.

Different clients look at different things.

Some clients focus on portfolios. Some clients read cover letters. Some clients look at work history. Some clients consider many elements.

connect-quresh
Community Member

Hello, I am a Video Creator and working on upwork from past many years.

As i have been Hiring Voice Talents for many years i would like to mention that for this specific skill i don't look for nicely written cover letters. All i need to see is a Sample Attached with proposal. Some people attached raw files and some attach a properly created audioreel which showcase the voice in many different scenarios. This gives me a clear picture of the persons skills.

My suggestion is to focus on your work samples and use a simple vocer letter to convince clients. A nicely writtern letter will definitely add value to your proposal though.

Akber Ali
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths