🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Sample Cover Letter
Page options
saxonrlane
Community Member

Sample Cover Letter

Hello,

I'm very new to freelance work and wanted to start putting myself out there for some work. I'm interested in doing voice-over/talent work. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me tips or sample cover letters for applying to voice talent jobs (at the beginner level) that would be very appreciated.

I don't have any work that pertains to voice over work so I can't use any as attachments or for a portfolio. I really am just a beginner to freelance work.

Thank you very much for your time!

Saxon

93 REPLIES 93

Hi, thanks for your email
I understand your message, For example, I have a job I want to apply to
this job. For my understanding please write a cover letter for this job.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Thanks

re: " understand your message, For example, I have a job I want to apply to this job. For my understanding please write a cover letter for this job."

Fozia:

You have asked the Community Forum participants to write a cover letter for a job you want to apply to.

I can assure you that this is not how things work on Upwork.

You need to write your own cover letters.

nayemmahmud
Community Member

A very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post

vertexinnovent
Community Member

Hello,

I'm very new to freelance work and wanted to start putting myself out there for some work. I'm interested in doing grahpic design work. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me tips or sample cover letters for applying to graphic design jobs (at the beginner level) that would be very appreciated.

I don't have any work that pertains to graphic design work so I can't use any as attachments or for a portfolio. I really am just a beginner to freelance work.

Thank you very much for your time!

Saxon

Hi SM Amirul,

You can check these helpful blogs for more advice on how to write a cover letter and find some templates that might help you:

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
181d01fe
Community Member

Hi
I am new to work on this platform. Past 5 years experience in photo editing service.

Who can I first job win here?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Emtiaus,

Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. 

Upwork webinars and online events are a great place to find getting started tips and much more. Find out what's coming up next or watch the previous webinar recordings.

You can also check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Resource Center. There you’ll find some excellent topics and learn more about Upwork. 

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
772018c4
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I want to submit a proposal for an executive cover letter Project. How can I attach samples, I mean samples should be in form of screenshots or in word doc of my previous experiences as a cover letter writer? Kindly reply. Thank you

Hi Syeda,

In the Cover Letter field, you can send a proposal to the client and let them know how you can help them with the project. You can also share some of your skills and experience that are relevant to their project. If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well.

Additionally, you may want to check this page and this thread for great tips for writing Cover Letter. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
fa43d9ef
Community Member

As someone who is also pretty new to voice over work, I can tell you that prospective clients aren't going to book you without hearing your voice. I would recommend using the gear and software you have so that you are able to submit samples.   I did several samples... Narration, IVR, character... It all depends on the type of work you are applying for. If you're applying for someone's phone system, you'll submit your IVR sample. 

I hope this helps you get started in your VO journey.

285287f7
Community Member

Thanks I am looking forward for your enlightment.

87785a48
Community Member

I am new here and still learning as I work.

2b0d679c
Community Member

Hello,I am new freelancer,,,I work earning my freelancer,

rosejane53
Community Member

I always use short cover letters. Because most of the clients do not have enough time to read a broad cover letter. They want to get 3 answers in your cover letter.

1. why
2. how
3. where

1. why did a client hire you?

you need to grab their attention in the first sentence. It's a very important part of the cover letter. Because, after apply a job clients can see 1-2 lines of your cover letter. So, between those two lines, you need to write something that makes the client click on your cover letter. For the social media marketing job:

start with: After visiting your FB page audience will say just Wow! Do you want this type of eye-catching post? I'm here to help you design eye-catching graphics posts with relevant content.

2. How you will help them?

Explain how you will help them and remove their pain.

like: I will create daily 2 posts for your Instagram and Facebook with UGC (user-generated content). Where people can know how is important your product in their daily lives.........

3. Where client will benefit?

Explain like that: When people read our content then they will want to learn more about your product and visit your website. So, you will get more traffic on your website and it can grow your sales......

So, first of all, you need to read the cover letter carefully before applying and try to understand what their need is.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths