🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Selling graphic design services made by my pa...
Page options
sebastianot
Community Member

Selling graphic design services made by my partner not me

Hi

I have a close friend who does presentation decks and some graphic design and offered me commission if I find him clients. Not sure how to go about this on UpWork. 

-How do I build my profile around that since I am not the designer? my friend is the designer

-Should I upload work samples or external links would work?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sebastian:
Upwork is not designed to do what you are contemplating.

You can't set up a freelancer profile in your name, and then offer somebody else's services.

Perhaps the closest thing to what you are talking about is an agency.

About Agencies

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

In addition to what Preston said, it would be difficult to get your own profile approved if you don't have any freelancing skills to offer. Also, if you're not a graphic designer yourself, then how will you know what to say in proposals on your friend's behalf? How will you scope a project to come up with an accurate price and timeline? And how will you answer any questions that a potential client might have?

It sounds to me like your friend should open his own Upwork account, because if you're not a designer yourself, then frankly, I don't think that you'll be able to help much.

ok, thank you, good to know 🙂