🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestions for creating acceptable project c...
Page options
cf714ccb
Community Member

Suggestions for creating acceptable project catalogue photos?

Hi everyone! I have been considering adding a project catalog to my profile, but I am not sure what I should be adding to the project gallery. I am a college student and a relatively new freelancer, making my portfolio limited. And as of now, my portfolio pieces are all from clients here on Upwork. I would like to create a logo design project to add to the project catalog, but I currently don't have designs that are not for existing companies or clients that I have worked for.

I am finding it hard to try to create logos with no real brand to work from or clients to talk to. Do any graphic designers have suggestions or tips for finding inspiration to make logo designs for the project gallery that would not go against Upwork's guidelines? 

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Kaitlyn,

I'm sure that other community members would be happy to give you tips. I'd also like to share the following to help you make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.

• Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 

• Proofread your work so there are no typos.

• Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

• Don’t share your contact information or personal information. 

To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e6bee03c
Community Member

Can i download photos from unsplash.com?

How do i get permission to use the pictures?

please kindly reach out to me. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members