🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Using Stock Images And Copyright issue.
Page options
1cfb021d
Community Member

Using Stock Images And Copyright issue.

Hello All,

So My Query Is I Really Like A Stock Photo Which I Am Thinking To Use In One Of The Project Now The Term Of Usage Of This Website Is As Follows -

A Person can use images as main element for any products That They create for Their own business, like the design of your own website or blog. Also for other applications like your business card, flyers, social media posts, video or posters to promote your company, business or a specific event.

But The terms Are Also -

I cannot sell a product to a client who will be reselling this item to multiple clients, if  resource is the main element of the composition.

So My Questions Is - When A Freelancer Hands Over The Work To A Client (Here On Upwork)

Then By Default The Rights Goes To Client Then By These Agreement There Should Not Be Any Issue As The Client Is Free To Use That Image.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rohit,

When work has been paid, all rights go to the client. If you have questions about another website's TOS, you need to contact them for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohit,

In general, Optional Service Contract Terms are used unless the client and freelancer agree on different terms, and they contain sections about work ownership and intellectual property rights. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1cfb021d
Community Member

Hello Bojan ,

Could You Give Me A Direct Solution For This Problem?

Hi Rohit,

When work has been paid, all rights go to the client. If you have questions about another website's TOS, you need to contact them for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar, that isn't true. The client will not own the stock image, and it's questionable as to whether the OP can even transfer the usage rights. The OP should tell the client to purchase the image themselves and send it to him to use in the project.