🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at...
Page options
d415060d
Community Member

Welcome to the Designers & Creatives group at Upwork!

This is a place for you to collaborate, share your knowledge, and talk about advances and trending topics in the industry. Please take some time to look around, get acquainted with some of your peers, and let us know how we can help. As you explore the group, be sure to read through the Community Group FAQ, designed to help you with your success and safety on the platform.

Remember, this is a community created by and for Upwork members, where you can ask questions, share experiences, and explore opportunities. If you have any questions feel free to start a new topic.

We’re excited to have you with us!

133 REPLIES 133
dklebanow
Community Member

Hi Bethany, 

When did you start this community.  What a great idea.

Danielle Klebanow

Hi Danielle, welcome and thanks for the shout-out!

We recently created this group and moved the existing Designers & Creatives content here. Feel free to look around and let us know if you have any feedback, suggestion or information you'd like to share with everyone!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
alexander_kuliev
Community Member

Hello everyone!
Thank you, Bethany, for this thread.

I'll gladly share my experience with colleagues!

I would like to network with you

Yes for sure

appreciated

Sahb
subrata47
Community Member

Hello Bethany, Thanks for sharing this. I am new at Upwork! 

I would always love to read FAQs,  share my knowledge, and learn from other colleagues. 

Many thanks, Subrata

digitalartistb
Community Member

This is great news, and finally a community to connect with fellow professionals. I've always wanted a community and people of the same field to connect to for years now, thanks for this!

Nice work.

ankash
Community Member

Thank you, Bethany!

This is a fantastic initiative that I'm truly excited about, and I can't wait to meet all of you like-minded people here. Thanks!

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Great step, Bethany.

And glad I joined with similar professionals also. Definitely will share what comes to mind.

Regards,
Daniel
dahlquist_karen
Community Member

Thanks, Upwork for creating this! I've been on this platform since 2017? 2016? Can't remember, but it's been a while! I was super skeptical at first... but Upwork has surprised me and has been one of the BEST decisions I had ever made as a freelance graphic designer. I've been working in the design industry full-time since 1996 and at this point, I knew I was ready to shift my focus niche, so I joined Upwork. We all know that we can't do 'everything,' so I'm excited to start making trustworthy connections and network with others who have skills that I lack and help refer one another!

Excited to get to know you all!

Karen

shaunrml
Community Member

Bethany,

Thanks for putting this together for us all. I'm super excited about the ability to communicate and network with peers in a designated and organized space.

Looking forward to it; 

rcionline
Community Member

This is wonderful! Thanks Bethany! 😀

muntahaesl
Community Member

It's really inspiring step for interested fellow. Hope for the best

Muntaha

Nice to meet you. 

ad32e3dd
Community Member

THANKS COMMUNITY MANAGER 

nav_designer
Community Member

Really!!! nice great initiative. 

a6a63c69
Community Member

It's been  5 months since I joined upwork, I found it very helpful in terms of starting a freelancing career. It's an wonderful initiative from Upwork to keep freelancers under an umbrella to discuss various present trends and opportunities in the market.

mnjprsnn
Community Member

This is great. Appreciate this.

daniel-qin
Community Member

Hi Bethany,

This is Daniel and I am very happy to join the group.

I can offer product design, prototyping, manufacturing support. Our goal is to provide our clients one stop shop from design to mass production. We are a product design & engineering firm with a focus on contract manufacturing for industrial, medical, consumer electronics customers and startups. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

kc001
Community Member

hello everyone, im Kate from South Africa. im a retoucher ive been on Upwork for a year i havnt used it for a while but now im here trying to get some work. its taking a while though. ive applied for about 20 jobs in the last week and nothing yet. any advice to land my first job on Upwork? kind regards

0141cd3b
Community Member

Following. I’m in the same boat with 20+ proposals. I’ve been reading
articles to make my profile & cover letter standout but still nothing yet.
I’ve only been on a couple of months though.
kc001
Community Member

to update this, i recieved my first job on here in April once i complete the job they give me a new milestone im now on my 4th milestone. im looking for more work though to add to this. always looking for more work.

a0bac256
Community Member

Now we are big family.😍

raykilic
Community Member

Hello to everyone.. I am a newbie too.  Still no job, sure still hoping and struggleing. Take care all!

muhammad_umairq
Community Member

Hello, I completed 4 jobs on Upwork, I have 4 five star reviews but I am not getting any offers, any suggestions on how to get any attention at all?

Hi Muhammad!  Your work is really great!  I think it would be great if you could add a portfolio video to your page.  Something that runs through all of your work, with labels so clients can quickly see the breadth of services you offer and see how beautiful your work is.

Thank you for the tip Mercy, I will upload a video ASAP.

also thank you for keeping me in mind for your client's design needs.

168d993f
Community Member

Hi, congratulations on the initiative. I'm excited to make connections with fellow professionals and so contribute to each other. I work with Design but lately I'm focused on illustration.

Diego Fernando Pereira, Brazil.

e2a2255f
Community Member

Hi Bethany,
I am super excited about this great initiative. My name is Samson; I have been on Upwork since June 22, 2022.
Anticipating!
Great job, Community Manager!
Great job, Upwork!
Great job, Friends!

9e2367c2
Community Member

Hello everyone.  Can anyone give me advice on why my three consecutive clients just faded away when I asked them to provide a contract after we discuss the work's detail? I mean, is this a sign that there are a number of clients who just play these tricks to manipulate the freelancer for free? or a possibility my account was already stolen-  meaning the theft get the contract and continues to work without my knowledge? I feel someone is using my account because I am frequently receiving emails that someone away is trying to log in to my account.  I don't know if this is possible and happening already. 

64d1ca03
Community Member

Hi Bethany
I am very happy to be in this group
I will share my experiences with my friends in the group and I hope we will all be successful in our business

sunamenekse
Community Member

Hi Bethany, I'm Suna, Fashion designer.

I have many years of experience in the field of women's and men's ready-to-wear collection designs. I'm new to Upwork, but my success score is good in my work.
I am ready to cooperate and help in this field.

Best to all

39b16025
Community Member

Hi! I'm Bente R. Graphic Designer.

I have many years of experience in this field. I am new to Upwork, but I am good in my field.

I am ready to cooperate and help in this field.

Best to all

ddium
Community Member

Only what I need in this forum is support! I do I get clients to work with? For almost a year I have started Upwork I haven't got a client to work with. 

d68e235d
Community Member

Hello Bethany

This is amazing, I'm excited to make connections and explore opportunities. 

6be34f82
Community Member

Hi, Bethany 

I'm Expert Graphic Designer

glad to meet you 🙂