🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: What is the best hour rate for as new upw...
Page options
rakibart
Community Member

What is the best hour rate for as new upwork graphic designer?

What is Suitable rate of experience graphic designer at Upwork as a new freelancer?

Get closing more to find a job or client expectation.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Talha R wrote:

It depends on your skills but starting fresh you have to make sure your profile is attractive and appealing to client. When I started i kept it on 6-7$/hour. As I progressed I increased it to 8$/hour> 

No, I disagree; that's way too cheap. I think that $15 is too cheap as well; even when I was new here, I was charging $30/hour, so Kazi might even want to experiment with raising his rates instead of lowering them. But I don't think that his rates are why he's not being hired; good clients aren't looking for the cheapest freelancers, and why would you want to work for bad clients?

Kazi, you've got a good profile and portfolio, but your work (at least the first few pieces) looks like generic mock-ups, no doubt from your studies? It's not a huge problem, but I see that you've also been working as a graphic designer, so do you have some actual client work that you could put up front in your portfolio, or at least one thing that you could use as your cover image? That might help. Also, you could ask 2-3 of your previous clients to give you testimonials about your work (or even ask one of your instructors), then put these comments into your profile overview until you've got feedback from Upwork clients.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
talhar30
Community Member

It depends on your skills but starting fresh you have to make sure your profile is attractive and appealing to client. When I started i kept it on 6-7$/hour. As I progressed I increased it to 8$/hour> 

Talha Riaz

Talha R wrote:

No, I disagree; that's way too cheap. I think that $15 is too cheap as well; even when I was new here, I was charging $30/hour, so Kazi might even want to experiment with raising his rates instead of lowering them. But I don't think that his rates are why he's not being hired; good clients aren't looking for the cheapest freelancers, and why would you want to work for bad clients?

Kazi, you've got a good profile and portfolio, but your work (at least the first few pieces) looks like generic mock-ups, no doubt from your studies? It's not a huge problem, but I see that you've also been working as a graphic designer, so do you have some actual client work that you could put up front in your portfolio, or at least one thing that you could use as your cover image? That might help. Also, you could ask 2-3 of your previous clients to give you testimonials about your work (or even ask one of your instructors), then put these comments into your profile overview until you've got feedback from Upwork clients.

Hello Christine A,

I am new at Upwork market, I am ready to provide the best service to my clients but have no clients. Please pray for me if I will get good clients.