cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other online portfolios/websites do you use (and keep updated)?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
11 of 16

Aldy W wrote:

I just created a question regarding Profile Smiley Happy here: Portfolio Video Upload

I work mostly on national TV Commercials, Music Videos, etc. all Video based files, showreels are not easy to share and upload publically due to copyrights, NDAs, etc. Some use personal website. But i prefer to stick on Google Drive and One Drive to store Showreel video files and share the link to the right person/clients Smiley Happy  

I use LinkedIn too! Definetly recommend to have feature to connect with LinkedIn profile here in Upwork.

Cheers!

You are not allowed to use LinkedIn - the option to do so was removed when LinkedIn introduced it's freelancing service.

Aldy W Member Since: Jul 11, 2019
12 of 16

You are not allowed to use LinkedIn - the option to do so was removed when LinkedIn introduced it's freelancing service.

Good to know, Thanks Virginia.

But unfotunately LinkedIn ProFinder feature are not available on my county yet Smiley Happy)

Hope B Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
13 of 16

Behance for my print work or flatwork.
Youtube for my videos.
Twitch for my live streams.
Google Slides for my portfolio (for ease of viewing and/or printing).

However, as had been noted in other places here, be aware of making it too easy. You don't want Upwork to end up like Fiver or Freelancer, where you have an influx of false freelancers who use stolen artwork to try and prove they are good, only to take money out of the hands of honest freelancers.

Remember whom your end clients are, and what their pain points are - besides the interface.
I do UX design as well as accessibility design - and to be honest I find that there are some things that get overlooked in UX design because they don't directly affect the interface. 

Sometimes its the service (service design) itself that needs work.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 16

"You don't want Upwork to end up like Fiver or Freelancer, where you have an influx of false freelancers who use stolen artwork to try and prove they are good ..."

That horse left the barn a long time ago and is running free. There are thousands of them on Upwork, getting away with their fraud daily.

Ace Contributor
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
15 of 16

I use my own website for my portfolio (I would update my Upwork portfolio if I wouldn't be forced to add a specialized profile as well) and Linkedin for my work history.

I'm planning to create a portfolio on Behance but I can't find the time to do that.

Robert B Member Since: May 10, 2019
16 of 16

I really wish we could just link to our own portfolio sites. 

For many freelance designers, so much work goes into the design & build of your site. Regardless of the policy against including a link to your own site in your profile, that's always going to be the first thing I send a potential client.