🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Why are clients not accepting my proposal...
Page options
davisjini
Community Member

Why are clients not accepting my proposals?

Hi,
I am new to Upwork, and I don't know if my cover letters/proposal are good enough. I am constantly changing them and making sure the grammar is correct. I make sure I include what the client would like done for the project and so forth. I attach some example work(s) I have done that is relevant to the job. I also keep it short and sweet. I do not know if I am doing something wrong, or clients' don't want me because I am new.
I tried changing my rates to see if pricing was an issue, but literally nothing. I am just very frustrated...

Any tips?? I am willing to send screenshots of my proposals.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
calvo_juan
Community Member

I'm top rated and I've been receiving lately several invitations for interviews where they just wanted the cheapest person around, so your guess is as good as mine.  Whatever you do, I don't think you'll get jobs right away in any predictable manner whatsoever. 

A few things to consider (maybe):

-You need to be more specific about a particular service you sell, and maybe concentrate your job search on that area. Your profile should reflect that.

-Start applying to very specific Graphic Design jobs, the bigger the better.  Don't go too cheap. The word "affordable"... look... I'm not using it and I get the cheapest requests...so beware.

-English is not my first language, but I read in your profile: "I believe that being be clear and affordable is important". Followed by "I can trusted to deliver".... it doesn't sound right. 

When you fix these issues and apply to the right jobs, there is a chance that people will send you invitations for interviews. There is a topic in the forum about red flags that freelancers should consider when applying to jobs. I suggest you to read that topic.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
calvo_juan
Community Member

I'm top rated and I've been receiving lately several invitations for interviews where they just wanted the cheapest person around, so your guess is as good as mine.  Whatever you do, I don't think you'll get jobs right away in any predictable manner whatsoever. 

A few things to consider (maybe):

-You need to be more specific about a particular service you sell, and maybe concentrate your job search on that area. Your profile should reflect that.

-Start applying to very specific Graphic Design jobs, the bigger the better.  Don't go too cheap. The word "affordable"... look... I'm not using it and I get the cheapest requests...so beware.

-English is not my first language, but I read in your profile: "I believe that being be clear and affordable is important". Followed by "I can trusted to deliver".... it doesn't sound right. 

When you fix these issues and apply to the right jobs, there is a chance that people will send you invitations for interviews. There is a topic in the forum about red flags that freelancers should consider when applying to jobs. I suggest you to read that topic.

Thanks for the feedback!

English is my first and only language, and I messed up big time on my profiles. I put them all through Grammarly. I fixed this. So maybe I will see a difference soon!

Was there anything else you saw that you felt was affecting my job opportunities, like my portfolio, etc.?

I think your Graphic Design work is better than your Illustration work for now. Maybe you should move it to the first page of your general portfolio. It looks like something that makes money instead of an experiment.

If you are especially good at something specific like brand design, posters, flyers, etc. you should say it in your profile too.

There are many random variables besides your profile that have an influence in getting jobs. I would advice to keep Upwork as an option and work on it, apply to jobs, improve your portfolio, etc., but don't put all your eggs in one basket, unless you are able to "crack the code".

Can you give me some reccomendations too. I have submitted more that 25 proposals now and spend more than 15 min writing each proposal but still I am not getting accepted. Even I provide them with attachments related to thier job. Please help!!

Hi Vedant,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in finding projects on Upwork. Feel free to check out these resources we put together to help freelancers to get to a safe and successful start.

I hope this helps and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I'm new on Upwork and have been trying to get a job. I sent almost 25 proposals but got no reply. I also passed the Upwork readiness test but the badge is still not visible on my profile. Please review my profile and help me out if it needs some change.

Thanks in advance 

Vanshika

kc001
Community Member

ive also applied for 14 different jobs.

im being interviewed for 1 job at the moment the interviewing process is taking 2 weeks though. They are interviewing lots of people so i dont know how far i will get. This is the farthest ive gotten on Upwork.

I am facing same issue. Can I send you my cover letter? Can you tell my fault, what mistake is being done from me? Why client is not accepting my proposal?

b6779a97
Community Member

Yeah same here 🥺 

Literally it's being a month and I haven't got any jobs till now all of my proposal are being rejected 🥺 no any connects are available to propose in any job so hard life 🥺

kc001
Community Member

i have 1 ongoing job from here since April its my first job on here. the only problem is the payment isnt great. But i wont complain as im on my 4th Contract with them. i just hope to get a second job as soon as possible