🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Why are low-paying jobs in Top-rated Tale...
Page options
armstrong-duncan
Community Member

Why are low-paying jobs in Top-rated Talent Clouds?

Hi - much as I enjoy being included in talent clouds for top-rated freelancers such as "Design & Creative Team Builder" I keep seeing jobs in these groups specifying really low hourly rates ($3 etc.). Surely this defeats the purpose of being Top-Rated or being in these Talent Clouds? $3 per hour is extremely low for what is supposed to be the best of Upwork. Can't jobs below a certain rate be excluded from Top-Rated/Talent Clouds?

4 REPLIES 4
zoomconcepts
Community Member

Well I don't suppose someone wants to pay me $1350 per week without making sure they'll be able to squeeze a month's worth of work into that so. I've given up on the Team Builder Talent Cloud. The venn diagram between the terms of job postings there and the average Upwork client doesn't look promising in terms of rates. Better apply to regular jobs, custom filtered. 

ETA: I just noticed you're in the Pro designers program. How are things there? I had an invite but was late in actually applying and missed the window - is it any better than regular job feed? 

To be honest, things are pretty sparse in the Pro Designer program. Currently there appears to be only one job for Upwork Pro and that seems to be for an online sales representative. I don't know if this is being phased out or replaced but it's pretty quiet (and doesn't seem to get any actual design jobs).

Actually, the Graphic Designers - Talent Agent Program is the better of the pick but this is more of a curated list of projects/jobs from the existing normal job pool.

melaniemaghanoy
Community Member

Hi Duncan,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback in the Community and will pass it along to our product team.