cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why nobody answers on my proposals

golamrabbani17
Golam R Member Since: Mar 12, 2018
11 of 18

I have almost the same problem. But now I got some great advice. Thanks to everybody. 

c08d199c
Mojolaoluwa K Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
12 of 18

Hi Sergio,

I'd like to really thank you for your contribution and its quality as it came at a very good time for me. I joine Upwork 1 month ago and I have submitted nine proposals since then, 5 of which I can confidently say are of great quality because I improved after going through Upwork's "How to get started" tutorial however I had not gotten a single invite for interview. I'm ashamed to say I felt I was the only one, lol even at a point thought it was cos I'm from Nigeria. I was about to email Upwork when I saw this forum and your contribution. Thanks Max also. I'd input your tips into my procedure and process. Please I would like to ask for two favours if you can. First, If you could spare a minute to look through my profile and tell me what I can improve and what you might do differently If you had my profile. Second, I'm great at video editing, production and some motion graphics for above intermediate level. My one weakness remains typography, design and how to blend colours. As sometimes, when making a video, I would need to put in text in a creative and attractive way or make a nice looking intro for visual. I loved your profile and portfolio works and can see you're a master of creative art. How may I learn to a very good degree about this? Any websites or elearning sources you may recommend?

If you could do any of them, I'd greatly appreciate. 

digiphics
Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
13 of 18

Max,

First your overview of talents and lack of conversation is really missing power, also your TITLE area needs something like Video Editing | Premire | After Effects instead of just Video Editing. Here is my profile to show you how I added several Titles and created a nice long, Get to Know Me overview.

As for proposals, they need to have great English, be compelling to the point the client has to hire you, and really spark interest with the client. I have won jobs by just writing two lines that told them their ASAP can be done Now and that I wasn't going to tell them how great I am, read my client reviews. I have also won jobs by using simple humor, most of the time I write to the client what I would do to their "logo project" and how I invision a new approach, I aslo tell them that they will get this and that formatted graphics for all their collateral needs.

I started in April and have about made $10,000 and am now Top Rated.

So in the end, make your profile shine, write great proposals and keep looking for jobs, one of them or even 5 will come calling and somethimes at the same time, making you a very busy person. 

Go check out my profile and see if it gives you any ideas.

Good Luck and Much Success.

cutterji
Cutter J Member Since: Oct 28, 2019
14 of 18

Not that this superceeds the stellar advice already given but I found this UpWork work video extereemly useful.  It contains quite a bit of information and tips.  Too much to be implemented in one shot.  It also covers quite a few more topics that the tilet indicated.  Check it out:

https://vimeo.com/386352744

elkhazrouni-sami
Samira E Member Since: Jan 20, 2020
15 of 18

hello

i have this issue too, i don't know why? my profile is 100% but i got no replays on my proposals, i just don't know why? 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~017b9d2fa21e285c5b/

calvo_juan
Community Leader
Juan C Member Since: Nov 21, 2013
16 of 18

What you show in your profile doesn't qualify you to be a good translator.

singhatul41
Atul S Member Since: Nov 28, 2019
17 of 18

i have my work demo, i know good quality work, but not getting job anything 

kbadeau
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
18 of 18

I get invited to jobs every week... INVITED, meaning THEY ask ME to submit a proposal to a job I didn't even know existed. I reply to every single one, and get a response back from the client on maybe 1 out of 10 of those. That's just how Upwork goes. Clients are here to save time and/or they don't know much about Upwork and don't think it's like the "real" world where you might respond to every application you receive.

Worry about the stuff you CAN control... typos, grammar, and work quality... and don't worry about something you can't control... clients.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS