🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Will Hurt me in Future If Temporarly Submit P...
Page options
n_cabel
Community Member

Will Hurt me in Future If Temporarly Submit Proposals to Different Categories ?

Hello,

I have been trying to get picked at all for a couple of YEARS as a Motion Graphics Designer here in UpWork. Of course this has made me not to submit proposals as frequently. Should I start going for jobs in different niches/category??  

So, that I can finally have a better chance in getting picked (for the first time) & get my 1st hire. Then after I get reviews in my profile, start again concentrating again in submitting for motion graphics,graphic design,video editting related jobs.

Will all this hurt my reputation in the future?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

You have been at it for a couple of years.

You have earned zero dollars thus far.

You are asking:

"Should I try something different?"

If you are interested in earning money here, then by definition, the answer to your question is:

Yes.

Will trying something different hurt your reputation?

By definition, the answer to that question is:

No.

Because, having completed zero jobs and earned zero money, you have no reputation on Upwork.

You may be over-thinking this.

It sounds like you are planning to offer skills and services which you actually know how to do, and which are strongly related to your core competency. I can see no downside to what you are planning to do by branching out a bit.

- It sounds like you are planning to offer skills and services which you actually know how to do, and which are strongly related to your core competency.

I did quickly branched out looking out and submitting proposals that are strongly related to motion graphics. But, I still haven't been picked.

So, that's why I'm asking for advice if my idea is good or not. To figure out what completely different category (skills & services)  to submit and hope to have better chance in getting hired.

Then go back in submitting to motion graphics related after my profile has gained Client ratings.