🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: Work Samples
Page options
bbb03eda
Community Member

Work Samples

Can I see job samples from freelancers before inviting them to bid?

6 REPLIES 6
mtngigi
Community Member

You can do a search for graphic designers and apply filters, i.e. location, job success, recent activity, etc., and view profiles and portfolios that way.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Virginia is correct, you can search for freelancers you'd like to invite and review their profile portfolio.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Mark, I have hired about 70 freelancers on Upwork. I rarely even consider a freelancer unless she has a portfolio on her profile page. I look at the work samples in freelancers' portfolios. They're a very important part of my decisions about who to hire.

What woul help me is to be able to filter out people who don't have portfolios. Any way to do this?

Hi Deborah,

That's an interesting approach you're taking. We do strongly advise freelancers to add samples in their profile Portfolio and this section is an integral part of all freelancer profiles. We don't have an option that would enable you to filter freelancers based on this criteria. I'll share your feedback with the team but can confirm that this filter isn't currently on our team's roadmap.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

re: "What would help me is to be able to filter out people who don't have portfolios. Any way to do this?"

Neither the presence/absence of a portfolio, nor the number of portfolio pieces, are currently part of the filters available to clients when doing searches for freelancers.