🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » back to 80% job success ... why ???
Page options
dunsky-roy
Community Member

back to 80% job success ... why ???

Hello ! 

I got a job and I've done it correctly but the client didn't wanted it because he simply doesn't knows what he wants! he didn't explain much through the whole project and he cheated in the title of the project, he wrote ( re-design ) but when he hired me he said ( I don't have an idea in my mind ) So I created many versions of the designed piece and that it impossible in our domain . and too much time is wasted in it . After I delivered the project, he said that he didn't liked the results, so he's gonna hire someone else and cancel this contract... I filled a dispute and won it (upwork gave me 90% of the funded escrow, and returned 10% to client). but today I find it strange that my JSS dropped by 20% ??!! wth?! I did everything I could with this client and have all the fact and conversation conserved in the app, so why??!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
oranus
Community Member

That is unfair, really, If I win the dispute, there's no point for letting the client the possibility to leave private feedback because obviously he's gonna come after my JSS, I'm disappointed in the fact that 1 client after loosing the dispute with me can take away 20% of my hard to get JSS, very disappointed in UW policy on this...
Waiting for a Mod to explain more...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

@ Benznana --

I am mystified by Upwork's policy of allowing clients and freelancers who have entered into a dispute to leave feedback for each other. It seems to me to be self-evident that in virtually every such instance, a dispute would irretrievably taint the disputing parties' feedback, making such feedback useless as an objective assessment.

Feedback should not be left after a dispute. Feedback that was left prior to a dispute that is LOST -- that is, feedback with which the dispute's "loser" is associated -- should not, except perhaps in exceptional circumstances, be displayed publicly, nor should such feedback "count."

Janean and Abderrazzak,

Thank you for your feedback. Currently there are no plans to exclude contracts that have been disputed from JSS calculation. A few points I'd like to note:

- Disputes on fixed-price contracts are filed after the contract was closed. It means that the client can't change their feedback depending on the outcome of the dispute. It's expected that their feedback reflects their experience with the contract and the freelancer.

- Disputes on hourly contracts are filed when the client believes that the time logged and billed was used doing activities not related to the task. Both the client and the freelancer can still share their experience with communication, quality of work or professionalism in their feedback on the contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Miss Janean.

I did my job as I should. It is not fair to withdraw 20% of the "JSS".
This client did not have any valid intention to pay me after my time was wasted, for this UPWORK placing ( report ) and "feedback this client".
Anyway Miss Janean . not fair to lost in my JSS because of a client has a bad intention to wasted my time.
Thank you for your replay.

I disagree with you. A dispute is a type of dissatisfaction that for which feedback should be shared. 

oranus
Community Member

That is unfair, really, If I win the dispute, there's no point for letting the client the possibility to leave private feedback because obviously he's gonna come after my JSS, I'm disappointed in the fact that 1 client after loosing the dispute with me can take away 20% of my hard to get JSS, very disappointed in UW policy on this...
Waiting for a Mod to explain more...

silw
Community Member

As harsh as it may sound, a job SUCCESS doesn't mean that only one partie thinks the job was done correctly.

If the client is unhappy with the outcome and the results, it's his right to display it in the rating.

If you, at some point, missed the opportunity to understand what the client is looking for, then you could take this case and analyze at which steps of the process you could increase your performance to avoid a situation like this.

A first step might be to enhance the first conversation and analyze the clients wishes, intentions and expections clearly, to make sure you won't run into bad clients.

To point at someone else but yourself and blame it on them, won't help you to solve the problem.

dunsky-roy
Community Member

Aron H

How I should know the client has a bad intention. after he get a works and then he said "I don't have any idea in my mind" that mean get me alot's of versions . I tried to understand him and nice in talk with him , but in the end he's gonna end the contract. but me ? who is going to defend my right?.
I just follow the steps set by UPWORK and I won . because I had a right . but not fair to withdraw 20% of the "JSS" . because I worked hard to get 100% in JSS . one bad client didn't has right to make my JSS down.

silw
Community Member

Why does "I don't know what I want" mean that you have to create a lot of versions?

Before you even start,very clearly outline how many versions you will create for a certain amount of money.

Also, you should TALK about different options and possibilitys instead of creating them, and only invest time on one, or  maximum 2 versions to produce in the end.

It's not unlikely that a client has no idea what he wants. That's your job to convince him what he wants. If you fail to do so, that's partly a miss from your side.