🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » collaboration
Page options
colemanjd
Community Member

collaboration

My target service area needs several skills, one of which is cutting-edge graphic slide design. In order to collaborate with an artist must I start an agency, or hire them myself as a client? Both avenues seem cumbersome. Thanks for any ideas.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

@Jackson C wrote:

My target service area needs several skills, one of which is cutting-edge graphic slide design. In order to collaborate with an artist must I start an agency, or hire them myself as a client? Both avenues seem cumbersome. Thanks for any ideas.

Just add a client account to your freelancer account:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Can-I-be-both-a-freelancer-doing-work-and-a-c...

I believe those are your only two options.

ETA: I'm not sure about this, but I think there's a scenario where you can have someone else on a project, but your client has to be made aware of that. And you still have to hire them as a client. I've flagged your post so a mod should come along to enlighten you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

@Jackson C wrote:

Just add a client account to your freelancer account:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Can-I-be-both-a-freelancer-doing-work-and-a-c...

I believe those are your only two options.

ETA: I'm not sure about this, but I think there's a scenario where you can have someone else on a project, but your client has to be made aware of that. And you still have to hire them as a client. I've flagged your post so a mod should come along to enlighten you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging, Virginia. 

Hi Jackson, are you looking to subcontract the work to another freelancer? You may want to check Section 8.2 Responsibility for Employees and Subcontractors, including Agency Members in the Upwork User Agreement.

Alternatively, you may create an Agency account and make the artist as part of your agency. 

EDITING TO ADD: Jackson, you may want to check these threads where subcontracting is greatly discussed: 
Subcontracting?
Upwork Policy Q - Subcontracting Work
Can you ask a freelancer to sign a clients security and confidentiality agreement?
switching from programmer to project manager

~ Avery
Upwork
colemanjd
Community Member

Avery thank you very much for the help!

Btw, have you had experience in an agency by chance? If I could find someone willing to chat about it, there are a lot of questions I have about making it work.

Asking just in case, thank you again.

Jack

mtngigi
Community Member

@Jackson C wrote:

You're welcome.