🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » where i am going wrong?
Page options
divgoel
Community Member

where i am going wrong?

Hello everyone...

I am trying evrything to get the project here but still i dont know where i went wrong. I bid as less as possible and provide samples while bidding. I tried to improve my profile but still not getting single project. can anybody suggest me where i may going wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
kirnazdogan
Community Member

Rise your hourly rate and bids. It's not the right way to offer the lowest price every time. Also, dive in copywriting and learn how to sell yourself. That's what we all do. We, freelancers, sell ourselves. Learn how to write killer proposals and how to toot your own horn. I think that would help you.

davisjini
Community Member

Hi, 

I am finding it difficult to get projects on Upwork as well. 
But, I reccomend fixing your profile's grammar. I use grammarly and english is my first language. If you can't use that, try putting it in a Word Doc, and use SpellCheck.
Also, your hourly rate is way too low. You probably don't live in the U.S, but you still need a higher rate. Try for 20.00 and up. 
Plus, your portfolio doesn't showcase much. If you have done more projects put them up there! 🙂

I hope this helps you

Thanks..its really helpful.... Thanks a lot.

I Agree with both of the previous posters, I originally started out trying to be the lowest bid, to attract more clients, thinking that clients were looking for a bargain. This ultimately hurt me more than it helped. The thing is, Upwork clients are looking to get quality work, and they know (for the most part) that quality work is not done for a low cost, in fact, Clients expect to pay a certain amount of money based on either their past experiences, or on the research they have done. So if you come in with a bid that is way too low, it raises questions, and gives a negative impact. That being said, I believe in charging a fair price for what i'm worth. My practice is to give myself a raise every few months. This way returning clients will recognize that my value as a freelancer is increasing and new clients wont be put off by pricing that doesnt seem quite right. Also, I've found that brevity in writing proposals helps quite a bit. I often offer the opportunity for a brief call via upwork to go over the details of the project so i can have a chance to further sell my skills. Best of luck to you!