🐈
» Groups » Designers & Creatives » Forum » Re: why upwork suport clients who wants to st...
Page options
loretomiguel
Community Member

why upwork suport clients who wants to steal your work?s

Hello creatives and designers I just now have noticed the payment protection it is only for the clients, I mean that there is no any kind guarantee that you are going to recieve a payment and definetly a total lie inside the upwork terms, all this time (more than 3 years) I thought that the the contracts here it was serious thing but when a client decide that don't like to pay for a job they just don't do it and get his money back and fine continue the way to steal another freelancer.

So really good news for the clients who only steal work !!!  should be an advertising campaign for upwork

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel,

The team will update your ticket shortly with more details about the outcome of the dispute. You'll be notified about the update via email.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Miguel,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. We do have a Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers. I can see that you had an open dispute on this contract, which was resolved in line with Upwork ToS, and would reiterate that clients are obliged to comply with our ToS in the same way freelancers are. Please refer to the update our team posted on your dispute ticket and our team will assist you further. Since private details are involved we can't discuss the contract details publicly in the Community. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V

I'll explain the details this client asked for 5 minutes of animation only without provide graphics or anything else, every designer know than that mean a lot of working hours (more than a week) they received first part of the work because want to see how was it going and they say it nice and asked some modifications then when they got the completed project totally based on their request asked for a total refund of the amount just saying that they are not going to use the material provided because now think that don't like it, I refused to to make the refund but after the dispute they got their money back and now they got project for free which are going to make money for them.

What happened with the Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers? doesn't look like a real protection or it is just turned off sometimes?

I can't know but the truth it is that as freelancer I lost lot of time and the client definitely got lot of free work and I guess that this is not the first time that they do it, because after start the dispute they said exactly what happened that were not going to pay anything so already know how it works all system at the website.

Miguel,

The team will update your ticket shortly with more details about the outcome of the dispute. You'll be notified about the update via email.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for your help Valeria

Now I already have been notified that the client got the refund basically because they don't want to pay anything ,and they can continue  their happy way to steal more work to other freelancers, I just lost money, a lot of time working in a project and of course JSS but don't worry I'll receive a few credits to find another client who could be looking for free work because as you already should know the time of the freelancers doesn't have any value at Upwork 

This time I'm just writing for honestly to thank Valeria because she really did someting for help me and solve my situation but I didn't had understand how she was doing it and as well leave clear that at least this time I was wrong and the payment protection for freelacers worked in a right way.

c0241f8b
Community Member

Will am all waiting  for a proposal  that all :memo::memo: