🐈
» Forums » Support » Military Veteran Status on Profiles: Feedback...
Page options
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Military Veteran Status on Profiles: Feedback and Questions

As part of our continual effort to create a more inclusive future of economic opportunity on our platform, we are adding an option for talent to highlight their military service by adding a Military Veteran icon to their profile.  For more information, please see this announcement and let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or feedback.

~ Valeria
Upwork
9 REPLIES 9
754df08a
Community Member

I received a message from Upwork that said my veteran-owned business certification had expired.

As you can see from the attachment, it doesn't expire until May 3, 2022.  How do I get this changed to reflect that my status is active?

Hi Joe,

I believe you're referring to the Diversity Certification, which is a different feature. Just the same, I'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with this verification. I'll remove the document you attached from your post but I've already shared it with the agent who'll be assisting you directly.

I also see that you have successfully added a Military Veteran icon to your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
sujan_naha
Community Member

What can I do ?

why show this?

sujan_naha_0-1642351312468.png

sujan

Hi Sujankumar,

We know clients often like to hire those who have served in the military as a way to support veterans and leverage your valuable skills and leadership. As a result, we want to give you the opportunity to add an icon to your Upwork profile that shows you are a military veteran. You can add the icon for serving in the military in any country. You can find more information in this help article and on this announcement thread

I also moved your post to this thread so that you can share your feedback and ask if you have any additional questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b9d9e5b2
Community Member

Hello, tell me why I can't change this section in verification? I pressed the button and nothing happens

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? 

To add your military status please follow these steps:

• Go to your Upwork profile, and look for the “Verifications” section on the left side.
  • Choose the + button next to “Military Veteran”
  • Enter your military service information, including branch of service and active duty dates.
  • Once provided, you will receive a “self-reported” military veteran icon on your profile.

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b9d9e5b2
Community Member

that's just the point, I had no military service and I would like to point this out in the profile ! I want this item to disappear. why do I need it if I did not serve. What to do so that there is an icon - that the verification has been passed?

Hi Nick, 

It appears you're checking your profile in "edit" mode that's only available to you while logged in. In that mode "Military Veteran" is always available as an option that you can add if you'd like to. However, it will not show when browsing your profile in Public View. You can check that out by clicking the "See Public View" button:

kochubei_valeria_0-1649437407346.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

thank! now I understand

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths