This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Account approval as Freelancer

Frequent Visitor
Zakir K Member Since: Dec 30, 2018

Hello,

I am experienced professional with several years of experience and solid tract record. I have completed hundreds of projects online and offline; and I am able to provide proofs of my previous work as well as share feedbacks from happy international clients. 

I signed up at upwork and I can see that there are alot of projects I can work and complete successfuly but I am unable to place a bid because my account needs to be approved. Unfortunately i do not understand why I got an email stating that ''We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.'' Also there is no way I can contact support team or to submit a question in community which is why I am responding here if anyone from upwork will reach out.

Is there any specific requirements to screen the application for approval? My profile is 100% complete and if you require any further information or evidence of my previous work, I can upload. It's really disappointed that upwork won't allow me to use my skills and work on the plateform. I hope someone from upwork will reach out to help me with this. Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Frequent Visitor
Abid R Member Since: Jan 3, 2019

That is a sad story of the upwork bro. Their criterion of account approval needs lots of improvement. Instead of handing over the application to a machine, it should better be read and analyzed by a human. A pre-written msg is displayed to each new applicant who wants to join platform of upwork. And it is for more than a year now that this flaw exists on upwork.

Ace Contributor
Abdul B Member Since: Aug 29, 2017

Edit your job description and have a precise description about your skills. There should be a portfolio of your work and suitable skills may be mentioned.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015

Upwork has said that it has far more registered freelancers than are needed to serve its client base, so you apparently will have to distinguish yourself in some way in order to be accepted as a new freelancer on the platform.

You could try to add or emphasize in your application to Upwork how unique your skillset is in your area of expertise.

Good luck.

Frequent Visitor
Zakir K Member Since: Dec 30, 2018

Thank you for your response. 
I have updated the skills and removed extra stuff from profile. However it would have been very helpful to atleast be able to reach upwork support via ticket or chat; in order to receive personalized answer. Auto-email doesn't explain anything! 

Frequent Visitor
Cagla I Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
Hello Zakir,

I am also having the same problem. I searched and found out that I am the only one from my area that has the qualifications that I have. On the other hand, I got rejected several times. Could you also let me know If you can manage to contact any one from upwork?
Frequent Visitor
Osborn h Member Since: Feb 3, 2019

Has your profile been approved now?

Highlighted
Md. Azizul H Member Since: Sep 5, 2018

Dear sir,

I have opened my account 6 months ago. But then I knew that up work needs expertise freelancer. After that, I have completed some national and international course and improve my skills. By the way, when I come back my up wok account upwork doesn't approve my profile. How is it? please check my profile. upwork shoed that, 

"We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.

If you have more relevant skills or experience to add, you can update and re-submit your profile. You can find more information regarding our decision."

Frequent Visitor
Elena P Member Since: Jan 16, 2019

Hi,

I am a new member too. My account was approved but I cannot submit any proposal because the platform does not accept my ID. I do not hold US state ID or passport. It is annoying there isn't a member to talk to. Anyone in the same situation?

Frequent Visitor
Osborn h Member Since: Feb 3, 2019

i wasn't asked to submit an ID so i am shocked you were asked. has your profile been approved now?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS