This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Account approvement

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Denys S Member Since: May 4, 2018

Hello,

I'm not sure if this thread is suitable for my issue, but I have no access to create topics here: "UPWORK COMMUNITY   COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS   NEW TO UPWORK"

I have a question regarding my verification process. Yesterday I sent a request to moderators to approve my business activity here. Today I've received an email: 

"Unfortunately, after reviewing the skills and experience in your submitted application we have found we cannot accept it.

We’re sorry we don’t have better news for you right now. However, at this time our marketplace already has many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours. Since we cannot accept your application, you will not be able to use the marketplace or submit any proposals."

Guys, what's wrong with my account? Smiley Happy I really don't understand why I cannot put skills and experience that I want. Besides I used that skills which your robot offered to me. I can develop websites and mobile apps. I have all necessary knowledge for this, I can use all the skills that I have put. And I want my verification. Your resource was made for that. And you want to forbid me to tell the people about my skills and experience. Then what should I put, what skills? Why have I put those skills you want? If you don't accept freelancers with such skills, then write on your website, write that freelancers recruitment is over. I don't want to change my skills and experience. If I break any rules - please show me this paragraph. 

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor
Denys S Member Since: May 4, 2018

Still need help

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Denys, 

It looks like you were able to finish your Upwork profile already, and the limitation to your account has already been lifted. 

I would recommend reading up on these freelancer resources we have compiled to help you get started on Upwork. Please also read up on these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Zakir K Member Since: Dec 30, 2018

Hello,

I am experienced engineer with several years of experience and solid tract record. I have completed hundreds of projects online and offline; and I am able to provide proofs of my previous work as well as share feedbacks from happy international clients. 

I signed up at upwork and I can see that there are alot of projects I can work and complete successfuly but I am unable to place a bid because my account needs to be approved. Unfortunately i do not understand why I got an email stating that ''We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.'' Also there is no way I can contact support team or to submit a question in community which is why I am responding here if anyone from upwork will reach out.

Is there any specific requirements to screen the application for approval? I am really disappointed that upwork won't allow me to use my skills and work on the plateform. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS