This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Account suspended

Highlighted
Maksim Z Member Since: Mar 21, 2019

Hello

I did the video call a few days ago and today, I received two different emails.

One is:

"I’m happy to report that your identity has been verified and any restrictions that were placed on your Upwork account have been lifted."

And the other is:

"I’m contacting you because I noticed some irregular activity in your account. In order to ensure your security on Upwork, some elements of your account have been placed on hold."

What irregular activity?

What can I do to activate the account?

Looking forward to hearing any solutions.

Regards.

Maksim.

2 REPLIES 2
Ace Contributor
Malik S Member Since: Jul 12, 2018

You should contact the support and open a ticket.  

Mihajlo M Member Since: May 2, 2016

I have also been suspended after video call, except without any email, any warrning, only my clients got email that I am banned. 

Moreover, they are not responding to my mails where I ask to clarify situation and my clients are asking upwork about me but they simply say they wont comment. I suspect it is because I rejected too many invites, but I have full time job over upwork and I made over 50k $ over 3 years on upwork by focusting on full time contracts withl long term clients (only sometimes I accept sidejob) so I don't feel like accepting everything that is offered to me. In any case they should have warned me first if they saw something suspicious. Other thing that might be an issue is that my picture haven't been changed since I made the account, and in video call I was 3 years older and unshaved. So if they used face recognition software, then it might have been problematic. 

I can not contact Upwork support or create treads on comunity forums, so sorry for hijacking this one. But I think that both of our issues should be reviewed. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS