This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Advice for payment methods for beginner

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Mihailo M Member Since: May 18, 2016

Hello

I'm new on Upwork and I would have question about Managing payment method.
First, I have to complete  W8BEN Foreign Status Certification, where in Legal Name of Business, I should write down my name right? Now, should I write Mihailo Matić or Mihailo Matic (Mihailo Matic is my display name). Since Serbain Latin has letters like Č,Ć,Š etc. will that make a problem for receiving payment? I noticed many freelancers from Serbia do not use č,ć.. in their display name, so I am confused about this and need help.
Also, should I get paid via PayPal or is it possible to get paid directly to the bank account?

Thanks in advance,
Mihailo

2 REPLIES 2
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Mihailo,

You can enter your name in the same way it appears on your profile. Either of these is fine and won't cause any issues. 

You can use wire transfer to withdraw your account balance to your bank account. Since you are obligated to pay taxes on your Upwork earnings, please check the information shared in this thread (and a couple of others on the same topic) and join the second webinar planned for the end of the month. 

Let me know if you have any questions and congrats on your first Community post!

Frequent Visitor
Mihailo M Member Since: May 18, 2016

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks a lot for your help. 
I have registered for the next webinar on 2. June. I am looking forward to learn more on this topic.

Best regards,

Mihailo

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS