This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Business Resources List for Freelancers in Serbia - Pre-announcement

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

We have exciting news as we pre-announce the launch of a business resources page, dedicated to Upwork users in Serbia. We're looking for input on resources you feel would serve your needs best, so feel free to share your suggestions or ideas for possible reach out initiatives.

We're looking for ways users can engage with third-party service providers, essential to running a successful business like co-working spaces, accounting agencies familiar with the online business model, internet providers, education centers, banks and credit companies with freelancer-friendly packages, private healthcare, retirement, insurance and investment funds etc.

Tell us what would help you as a freelancer or recommend a service you're using today that you feel might be useful to other freelancers, agencies and clients. Our team will review the options you propose and include the selected ones on the list of resources available on our website.

Resources.png

6 REPLIES 6
Damir G Member Since: Jul 8, 2016

Hi

I would like if we had something like a “online planer planer” similar to Google calendar that people can just click and reserve meeting with us, but that will convert their time zones and sync it with ours here in Serbia, I personally have problem with exact time organization because almost every client is in deferent time zone and I fixed this problem by calculating it manually and writing it down in notepad. Does anybody have a better solution?

And would like to see how to get private healthcare, retirement, insurance and investment, and is it possible to get „overenu zdravstevnu knjizicu“ if we are freelancers , a few years ago i read taht it is possible but i did not go into details.

Hi Damir,

Thanks for raising this question. To clarify, Upwork users UTC time zone in order for payments and reports to be consistent. What you can do is to click on the time and date info in the lower-right corner of your screen > go to settings > additional clocks and add two more time zones with personalized titles. This way, your clients' time zone will be just one click away and displayed next to your time. If you're looking for a closer comparison, I suggest using this handy time zone converter.

Regarding the services you mentioned, you can pay for private health insurance as an individual or the state provided one if you are registered as an entrepreneur or Ltd. Please note that Upwork is not a party in these relationships and is not providing any benefits - only a way for you as users to access these third-party providers via the dedicated business resources page.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or further questions I can help you with.

Milica V Member Since: Dec 6, 2016

Hello to all, 

I am new member here, and I have a lots of questions.Am I in the right place and group, couse I need advise.

Thanks

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015

We would love to hear from our users about resources you know of in your country. If you have any suggestions for our business resource page email them to business_resources@upwork.com.

Untitled
Milica V Member Since: Dec 6, 2016

Hi Vladimr!

I watched all the videos, but still, I have some questions.And some of them are related to the Serbian tax system, so I realy need help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Milica,

Thanks for posting this question. We've had a couple of webinars (you can find details here and here) as part of the Upwork Serbia Group on this very topic with Milan Trbojević as a guest speaker a few months ago. I would like to direct you to check Milan's Facebook group and blog, where you can request the recordings of the two webinars and find additional information that I'm sure you'll find useful.

Let me know if you need any other information as you're facing a steep learning curve.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS