This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Can't use "contact customer support"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Albert Andrei S Member Since: May 7, 2018

Hello, I've sent a email to Upwork Support on 7 May 2018 because my identity verification was denied and I did not receive any answer about 1 week later, so I tried to contact again the support again via "contact customer support", near the "Your account has been suspended" on the main page of website, it didn't work, it sends me to the main page again and again.

I don't understand why it happens and also why my identity verification was denied (I explaind more in the first email i've sent).

If you can help me guys, i will be so thankful.

11 REPLIES 11
Frequent Visitor
Albert Andrei S Member Since: May 7, 2018

I want to know how to contact support instead to verificate my identity again because I think I proceed wrong with the "Two-Document Verification", cropping the photo with my ID, so they suspended my account. I try hard for 1 week to get my account verified so I can work on this platform, the support don't answer to my first mail and i can't create another ticket because of problem I've described above.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

I'm sorry for the delay in our response, Shintee. I'll go ahead and check this with the team and get back to you with more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Tanvir A Member Since: Oct 2, 2018

Yesterday upwork suspend my account. My profile was 100% job success.  They said to me, " I noticed some irregular activity in your account. In order to ensure your security on Upwork, some elements of your account have been placed on hold. "

I also reply with their message but yet they aren't back to me .  Can anybody help me in this situation ?

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Tanvir. Please refer to this support ticket for more information about your account. Feel free to follow up if you have any questions or need further assistance.

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Fotios D Member Since: Aug 21, 2018

Hello,

My name is Fotios Dimou in Greece.

I received a message that my ID verification  has been reviewed and approved from Upwork for 3 days

ago and you said I could submit any proposals from then.

But I can't still submit any proposals and can see the alert "Your account was suspended"

Maybe I think it is error of Upwork.

What I want to tell you is that I am a long freelancer on Upwork, love to work here and continue to work again here as soon as possible.

I hope you solve my problem as soon as possible.

Suring that you will solve my troubles soon and my account will be reviving, I will wait for your message.

Thank you.

Hi Fotios, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Emil N Member Since: Feb 4, 2019

Hello,

I would like to get some advice about my current situation.

I have worked with a client on Jan for about 5 days. He was active on Slack for the first 3 days.

One day, he completed the contract suddenly and never responded to me.

I wasn't sure why he completed the contract suddenly.

Some days later, my Upwork account is suspended and the support team asks me to do id verification.

So I sent my id and bill document to Upwork and received an email that id verification is passed.

However the account suspension is not resolved and they asked me how I met the client, how I communicate with the client and the details of the project.

I sent several screenshots to show enough that I met this client in Upwork, communicated via slack, git repositories, Trello board, project source code, etc.

Now Upwork support team is insisting that they need to wait for a reply from the client to resolve this issue. But the problem is, it looks like he is a fake client and will never respond to Upwork or to me.

I have explained several times to support team that it looks like he will never respond.

Can anyone please advise or help me how I can reactivate my account?

Thanks for your time and looking forward to hearing any suggestion.

Regards,

Emil

Frequent Visitor
Amarendu B Member Since: Aug 10, 2018

Dear Avery,

Good evening! I believe you are well by the grace of Almighty. I am just sharing a problem with you. My account has been suspended permanently. As far as I know I didn't do any wrong here. I have done many projects successfully. I have also gathered more skills to support my clients. I am very eager to use my upwork account again and continue my business. I believe I must do better. So please help me to re-start my account, so that I can submit new proposal and get more works. I contacted with upwork before, they told me I used another account using my name. But I never did it. So please help me to re-open my account. I will pray, God will continue His Blessings upon you. Take care.

Regards!

Amarendu Bikash Sarker

Frequent Visitor
Jose F Member Since: Mar 25, 2019

Hello Avery, I have a similar problem but my account is not suspended, I just can't use support.  I did the video verification 3 days ago and the agent said that is was fine and that I would received an email but I haven't received anything yet. My Upwork feed still says 'Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.'

But when I click on the 'here' button, it returns to me to the My Feed page, and the same happends when I cilck on the help and support link.

Would you be able to tell me what is going on?

Thank you

Jose

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS