This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Financial transactions have been limited unexpected after the first contract

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Alexander Z Member Since: Jun 14, 2019

When I logged in today to complete my first contract, I saw the status "suspended".
After some time, the notification about suspended was lost, but another warning appeared: "Financial transactions for Alexander Z. (*****) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support".
The contact customer support link redirects to "My Feed", in URL params has the message "Cannot sign in suspended user". Even if just open the support.upwork.com page, this will only lead to the same redirection.
I added a method of getting paid and the warning again changed to "Your account has been suspended". An hour later, again "Financial transactions for Alexander Z. (*****) have been limited".

I try to close my first order, the customer was not hurt in this situation (I hope), but what should I do?

The last e-mail I received from the upwork was with congratulations, and then only silence.
I looked for similar questions on the Internet but did not find anything reassuring.

I made about 10 proposals, one of which was taken, three returned to me. I followed the advice of upwork and did not send too many proposals and carefully approached the writing of the cover letter.

Sincerely, Alexander.

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Oh, "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support" appeared again... Link still does not work

Community Leader
Robin H Member Since: Apr 9, 2018

I think, this must have happened because, you must have have submitted too many proposals at once, keep some patience, submit proposals carefully and may be 2 to 5 at a time.

Also, plesae check if your identity is verified, also check one more thing, is the suspension temporary or permanent...

And the best way would be to contact support again...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply!

Looks like I tried too hard with proposals Smiley Sad

I cannot send any message to upwork support because page unavailable for me and I don't know why. The support page just redirects me to "My Feed" without any error reporting.

My identity is not verified, I wait for a message from upwork. Is the way of forcing to make a verification? In my profile menu, I cannot see Profile verification.

> also check one more thing, is the suspension temporary or permanent

I don't know how. A page with support is blocked for me.

Community Leader
Robin H Member Since: Apr 9, 2018

Ok, I think the suspernsion must be permanent, as you're unable to contact support....

According to me, sadly, Upwork, never lifts permanent suspension and as per their TOS, you can't even create another profile on Upwork as a Freelancer...