This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Legal money transfer to business account in Serbia

Frequent Visitor
Petar S Member Since: Feb 25, 2017

Hello, I am a fairly new to Upwork, and I have started to get jobs, and money with it Smiley Happy
I have linked my Upwork account to PayPal account and I know I can transfer money from Up to PP.
My question is how do I pay taxes for income made thru PayPal, in this case, Upwork jobs?
How to get that money here in Serbia so I can use outside of PayPal?
I have read a lot of the forum posts, blogs watch Milan Trbojevic videos and others and I am still confused.
How other freelancers from Serbia deal with this issue? Could you most awesome people on earth give me some advice or point me in which direction to go?

Thanks A LOT, any help on this subject will be most appreciated! 

8 REPLIES 8
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Petar,

Have you checked Milan's Facebook group and looked at the videos and other information shared there? Please do review the information shared on his blog and group, and feel free to send him a message if you have a specific question as we can't advise you on this subject here in the Community. What I can say, being a freelancer myself, is that you can withdraw money to your individual bank account and each time consult your local tax office about the amount due to your income, which is not negligible to say the least. The other option is to register your business, choosing one of the forms Milan discussed in the webinar hosted for Upwork freelancers, whose recording you can find in the Facebook group. We discussed and outlined the two best possible forms based on the freelancer's income, one of which is related to paying a flat monthly fee. Feel free to pm me for more details after you've reviewed the webinar recording.

Frequent Visitor
Milijana K Member Since: Apr 30, 2017

Hello, Vladimir.

I am absolute beginner at Upwork. I didn`t activate my profile yet. I saw that you mentioned Milan Trbojevic group at Facebook. Can you, please, be more specific because I couldn`t find it.

Thanks,

Milijana

Hi Milijana,

Please find the link and additional information in this thread.

Dusan M Member Since: May 6, 2017

Hello Petar,

I have also made an account on PayPal and I was able to add bank account so I could withdraw funds to my visa card. The fee is 5 dollars per withdrawal, at least for my bank.

Best regards,

Dusan

Frequent Visitor
Mirko R Member Since: Jun 26, 2017

Hi,

It is very simple.

The only thing you have to find in your PP is:

• Withdraw funds (left side of the screen)
  • Add a bank account or card (like ERSTE Visa gift card - if you visit the bank you can get it in 10 minutes!)
  • Enjoy working on UPWORK!

Best,

Mirko

EOF

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Bojana M Member Since: May 17, 2017
Hi guys. For all of you from Serbia who are registered as entrepreneurs or "preduzetnici" I have a question. How da you transfer funds into your business account legally? I want to keep it simple and not bother you with details about my problems, I guess we all have the same ones. I am a "pausalac" and I keep getting "fried" by bank clerks who don't understand anything about freelancing. If there's already a thread about this, I apologize.
Regards,
Bojana
Frequent Visitor
Bojana M Member Since: May 17, 2017
I apologize for the typo, I was really upset when typing this and my hands were shaking after a "wonderful" experience with my bank.

Hi Bojana,

Please check the information shared below, follow the link to access additional resources on this topic and feel free to follow up if you have any additional questions.