This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Income tax paying in Poland / Odprowadzanie podatku dochodowego w Polsce

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Dariusz J Member Since: Dec 28, 2016

Hi,

This is my first year working on Upwork and I have no idea how to deal with the income tax payment. Does anyone from Poland have any experience in that matter? I need to mention that I don't run a firm.

Also filling correctly the VAT Number gap in settings appears a problem for me, status still says "not approved".

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

11 REPLIES 11
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Dariusz,

Please verify your VAT number in the VIES database and if it checks out there, it will also be accepted on Upwork. Try adding the number without spaces and let me know if it's accepted.

Hope other freelancer from Poland follow up here with more advice on your first question.

Frequent Visitor
Eric L Member Since: Aug 14, 2016

Should I add VAT number with my own name?

Alexandra M Member Since: Mar 28, 2017

Dariusz, do you have an idea how to do it now? I'm in the same position and it drives me crazy. I'm an artist so this is especially disturbing, could you or someone help me with that?

Frequent Visitor
Lukasz M Member Since: Feb 21, 2017

Hi.

I would recommend to establish a one-man business. It makes many thinkgs more simple. And also, if you hadn't do it and tax office or social security will see you perform on Upwork continuosly, you can have serious problems - for social security and VAT. After you did it, it's problem for your accountant to do all tax-related things right way, and honestly it's not hard.

Cheers,

Lukasz

Frequent Visitor
Troy M Member Since: May 16, 2016

If you're a US citizen living in Poland and working on Upwork, am I liable for Polish taxes?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Troy,

A local tax advisor, both in Poland and in the US will be able to advise you on your legal status and the taxes that might be due on your earnings on Upwork.

Lukasz K Member Since: Feb 19, 2018

Dariusz czy udało Ci się rozwiązać ten problem? Nie mam zarejestrowanej firmy. Pracuję jako freelancer. Jak to się rozlicza? Co muszę zrobić? Ktoś, coś?

Frequent Visitor
Marta D Member Since: May 9, 2018

Również nie wiem jak to rozliczyć. Jakieś wskazówki?

Frequent Visitor
Oleksandr Z Member Since: Jul 21, 2018

Did you registered already your taxes? Could you tell, please the best way to do this in Poland?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS