This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Inspirational Locations in Serbia and Macedonia for Digital Nomads

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi everyone,

Given the natural beauty of these countries, there are a lot of destinations that someone living the digital nomad lifestyle would find appealing. Please share the places you'd love to work from in Serbia and Macedonia.

Tara Mountain, Serbia

Tara Mountain Serbia.jpg

Ohrid Lake, Macedonia

Ohrid Lake Macedonia

Photo: Ivana Dukčević © All rights reserved

13 REPLIES 13
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015

Nice pics Vlad. Serbia is on my list of potential places to live, I'm making a move next May and have been summing up the options. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Hi Scott,

Glad to hear that you're considering this option. If you need any insider info feel free to PM me.

Please do keep us up to date with the list, and especially with your view on the pros and cons of each location.

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015

I was going to go to Serbia the other week, but it was all a bit short notice. so I didn't bother in the end. A place where I sell my stock footage has a lot of community meetups around the world, and there was one in Belgrade a few weeks ago. The pics looked good, they were eating something called cevapi, which looked absolutely amazing. Although there was talk of some kind of fruit brandy which sounded terrible!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Mirjana R Member Since: Aug 26, 2016

Hi, Scott!

I can recommend you an FB group in Belgrade called Belgrade Foreign Visitors Club (BFVC), where you can ask  questions and find numerous tips on anything related to a foreigner living and working in Serbia (white cards, accommodations, places to eat, to visit,night clubs). They also organize meet-ups so you can join and find very useful things. Thanks

Frequent Visitor
Lina G Member Since: Sep 17, 2015

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

Just would like to say.I was in Belgrad and Novi Sad in Serbia. I prefer big cities, there are a lot of worth seeing places in Belgrad. But Novi Sad ,as for me, is better for life and work, especially for freelancers. In Novi Sad it's much less noise,vanity and stress, it's a very cosy and romantic city. There are also some big squares and a lot of the beautiful architectural buildings. The river Danube is also a good benefit for the development of tourism.

Novi Sad,Serbia    foto by Lina Gerzhoba

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014

Belgrade

"Whoever had been lucky to wake up in Belgrade this morning, could be satisfied that for today he achieved enough in life. Any further insistence on something more, would be immodest."

Duško Radović, writer

Serbia

Food 

Did you know?

Hey Natasa,

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with the videos or with the fact that you shared this particular quote.

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014

Hey Vlad,

Thank you-yes it 's often translated like that,  although it 's a bit redundant and the word order is strange -it could be translated better, but well...Smiley Happy 

And pictures don't do it justice!

@Scott, sounds like rakija, which is a type of liquor (spirit-40%-at least) Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks again Vlad and hope people will add some pics of Macedonia which is a beautiful country as well.

Thanks for sharing your personal views Lina, I'm sure many people will agree with you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS