This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

New wire transfer method for Russia - Direct to Local Bank

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ilya S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi mates,

Upwork has announced today a new disbursement method: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060578

It now allows Russians to send money directly to local Russian bank account with automatic conversion into rubles on the sender's side.

Did anybody try this already? How good does it work? From who do the money come?

12 REPLIES 12
Ace Contributor
Anna L Member Since: Nov 24, 2014

Hi Ilya, this sounds like good news! But is there a way to view the conversion rates that are going to be applied?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Anna,

Yes, once this payment option is set up you'll be able to see the last exchange rate Upwork used when you attempt to make a withdrawal. Please check the screenshot Lena shared in the announcement thread and refer to her opening post for more details.

Frequent Visitor
Philipp B Member Since: Apr 1, 2017

Hello there!

I'm not able to set up the DLB withdraw method.

as I understood I should use my bank's code, which SWIFT code (right?) which is pointed as RUBIK (БИК банка).

Well, I typed it into the field, but it says the code is invalid. I also tried to use SberBank's code, which is invalid too.

Please, help me to work it out.

p.s. I also checked the announcement thread but didn't find someone else who did meet the same behaviour.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014

Hi Philipp,

Please check this article for more information about bank codes.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Frequent Visitor

Valeria,

the article you provided explains nothing. There is information only about private / corporate bank accounts, also that ruBIK number is 9 digits long.

I know, I attached screenshot as well with 9 digits code of my bank, the system tells me that this number is incorrect.

Valeria, what should I do in that situation?

Please, pay attantion to the attached screenshots again.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Philipp,

Please note SWIFT and RUBIK codes are different and you'll need to provide both, in respective fields, in order to enable DLB payments to your bank account. Contact your bank to get the correct SWIFT code and use it when setting up the DLB withdrawal method.

Frequent Visitor

Yay! It woks, thank you)

Frequent Visitor
Maxim V Member Since: Aug 22, 2018
My bank uses swift only for foreign currency transaction. For rubles they use that RuBIK.
Frequent Visitor
Narmina S Member Since: May 20, 2019

how can I learn my RUBIK?