This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Problem withe cliend i thin he wants to scam me

Highlighted
Damir G Member Since: Jul 8, 2016

Hi there

i have a problem withe a client , and i think that he want s to scam me whot should i do?

The thing is at the beggining he told he had a basic video editing, and i said ok no problem, and then at the middle of a project he wanted to add a ton of things that we did not agreed on and it was not on a job post, he wanted me to do smoething withe after effect wich is alot more complicated.

I said i can do that but for a higher price and that i will need more time and to add 4 more days to end project.

He agreed, and he added 2 more days, and told me to send him low quality renders so it goes faster.

So i sent him first example of how i understood he wanted project to be done , he did not like some parts and asked me to change taht, so i did it, and agin he did not like something so i was basicly chaging whot he wanted for 7-8 days.

Finaly today i editted everything like he asked, and he tells me that i am too late withe work and that he wants me to send him all the files  that i have worked on so he can edit it.

And i said to him no, i will change whot you need. And then he said that he has rights for my files that i editted his material and wahts main editted file.

I think that this is a obvious scam and that he doesent want to pay for job done, whot do i do can anyone please help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Damir, 

I would suggest to keep communicating with your Client and try to reach a resolution. You should get paid for the work you perform, just make sure all communication is recorded and Escrow is funded for the job.

We encourage freelancers and clients to communicate professionally and extensively, discuss all the terms, deadlines and details before the offer is ever made and accepted. In case you can't come to a resolution with your Client and payment becomes an issue, please contact Support so we can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Damir G Member Since: Jul 8, 2016

Thank you Avery

I am trying to resolve it through communication but he is not replaying to me, and even before when I write something to him I feel like he is not reading everything that I send to him.

At first he wanted to communicate outside of upwork but I did not want it , so all chat is recorded on upwork messaging.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS