This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Reasons behind my account suspension

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Marco D Member Since: Dec 9, 2018

Hi! My name is Marco and I was recently accepted as a member (freelancer) of Upwork. Everything was going fine (I even completed my first job) until.... a tiny message on the job board told me that my account needs to be verified. So I got in a chat with this Upwork Customer Support assistant that told me I needed to change my profile picture. So I did. A few moments later, I was still unable to submit my proposals to any job because of the lack of ID verification. So Upwork told me that I needed to do a video conference with another Upwork Customer Support asssistant, which I did. At the end of the conference, the assistant told me that I  needed to send a photo of my ID card and another photo of a bill or something that can prove my name, address and the date that it was released. I did everything she told me, but still, once again, couldn't send any proposals. Later on, I received an e-mail stating that my ACCOUNT is suspended (?!?!?!?). 

What are the reasons behind my suspension? I did send proofs of my identity and even managed to do a videp conference with one of your employees. 

Regards, Marco

2 REPLIES 2
Ace Contributor
Abdul B Member Since: Aug 29, 2017

you should submit a ticket to customer service regarding your account suspension. They will let you know whether it is temporary or a permanent decision.

Kevin L Member Since: Nov 15, 2018

Hello Gurus.

My account has suspended suddenly.

I have verified my identity.

I was working with 2 projects now.

But suddenly suspended without any notificaiton or email.

I didn't get any emails about suspension.

Also i cannot go to support center too.

I think it is system problem.

Please help me to reactivate my account.

Regards.

Kevin