This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Romania ?

Highlighted
N P Member Since: Feb 4, 2014
It is somebody from Romania ? I have some payment quetions and i really need a little help.
30 REPLIES 30
Frequent Visitor
Alex I Member Since: Feb 6, 2014
Heia! I just joined and are curious if you've found the info's that you were searching?
Alex I Member Since: Jul 3, 2011

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Dragos Lucian E Member Since: May 27, 2011
Hi Patricia, Go ahead and ask what you're looking for, maybe we can help. By the way, it's nice to see Romanians around here Smiley Happy
Frequent Visitor
Raluca M Member Since: Jun 11, 2014
hi! I am from Romania.I would like to help you if you agree.
Razvan N Member Since: Jun 25, 2014
Newbie here. What's the best way to get paid from oDesk in Romania? I have a RON account at BRD, coupled to a Visa debit card. Is there a better setup? Does paypal work with what I already have? Is there a more economical way than paypal (LFT, wire etc)? Thank you!
Gabriela P Member Since: Nov 4, 2010
Yes, you can open a paypal account connected to your VISA debit card. After the paypal account is activated you will be able to use it as payment method on oDesk. It is very reliable.
Razvan N Member Since: Jun 25, 2014
Thank you for replying! Have you tried a BRD card? On some forums there were rumors that BRD has some issues with withdrawing funds from paypal. Yesterday I was able to verify the account with paypal (took me 1.5 euros from the account and reimbursed it in paypal, in US dollars), but I didn't withdraw as of yet. Have you tried other methods of withdrawing money and the taxes were too high? I mean, why paypal and not another method?
Dragos Lucian E Member Since: May 27, 2011
Hi Razvan, If you are looking for the cheapest way to receive money, I think the BRD account suits you well. I've used that several times, but I think it takes too long (7-10 days). As for me, I'm looking for the quickest way to receive money, so I'm using Skrill (ex Moneybookers). You receive the funds instantly, but there are some fees that apply. As an example, if you send $100 through Skrill you'll end up with $96.2 in your account ($1 oDesk fee and another $2.8 the Skrill fee). If you have a Visa Card attached to the Skrill account (you can do that), there is another fee (around $2.4) for every withdrawal. That leaves us with around $93.8 which is pretty good giving the fact that you don't have to wait for the funds to arrive.
NAGY M Member Since: Feb 1, 2011

I do have a BRD Visa debit, I am paying 1,99$ oDesk fee for every withdrawal, and there are also fees that I have to pay at the bank ( and BRD is not the "cheapest" bank, by the way). That seems to be almost ok, but I have to wait 5 days to access my money, with all these fees payed. I am trying to set this card up on my paypal account, without success so far. What do I do wrong I checked and rechecked every data, everything is OK, except that I cant set up my paypall with this card... I am always getting this error message : The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue. I contacted the bank, they say that my card is set up for online transactions, and everything is OK on their part. :-( ? I would prefer paypal because I seem to have access to my money almost instantly, and the fee is 1$ instead of the 1,99 $ fee with LFT . Any suggestions? Thank you! Melinda

Well,  I have a very  good resolution to this issue, there is nothing wrong with BRD ( except their fees, really, I mean that BRD is almost the most expensive bank in Romania, but also the one taking risks, and providing a larger scale of services. ) I have written a very angry letter to Paypal, and after a no more than six hours my PP account was set up correctly and I was able to withdraw money from it to my card. I must mention that I contacted PP throug FB messaging, and mentioned that if I dont have my problem solved by the end of the day, everything goes up to goole+, twitter, and every channel I can  think of. 

I normally would have used  the reply button to post about this nice change, but for some reason my reply buton is not active, so I answered by re-editing the post. Sholud I do someting to be able to reply to community forum posts? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS