This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

SLOVAKIA

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Tohid A Member Since: Oct 28, 2013
Welcome to the oDesk Community Slovakia
6 REPLIES
Frequent Visitor
Tomas P Member Since: Jun 6, 2017

Hello from Banska Bystrica Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor
Lenka S Member Since: May 22, 2017

Hello man! I'm from Levice Smiley Happy

How long have you been working on upwork? 

I'm struggling with one thing. I completed two jobs but I can't get paid, as I do not have a VAT number. As you know, according to Slovak tax law, a person earning less than 5OO€ a year doesn't need to have VAT number and doesn't need to be registered as "živnostník" or s.r.o. and so on. Do you have any suggestions? I need to sort it out :/

Thanks a lot. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Lenka,

You don't need a VAT number in order to work and withdraw your earnings on Upwork. Complete the other details on the Tax Info page and skip the the VAT number field if you don't have one. You can find more information in this Help article.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Frequent Visitor
Lenka S Member Since: May 22, 2017

btw I also tried to send you PM but I can't....I'm new to upwork so I don't know how some features work...

Frequent Visitor
Sandor N Member Since: Mar 22, 2018

Hello,

Maybe my question will sound dumb but to work on upwork do i need to pay taxes in slovakia? Right now I dont have any company (s.r.o) or the thing called zivnost. Can i work as a regular person and pay taxes somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Sandor

Frequent Visitor
Chienying L Member Since: Jul 29, 2018

Hello Sandor,

I also have same question like you, did you already figure out how to do ?

and if may I ask one more question if we use Upwork in slovakia , did we need to apply licence of self employed?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS