This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Spain - best payment methods

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Vasilii V Member Since: Jan 5, 2018

Hi.

I've started working with UpWork recently, and I'd like to know - what is the best method for payment for a person living in Spain? My bank charges 20 euros for incoming transfers outside of EU. So what should I choose, in your opinion - payoneer, paypal, some other method? Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Leader
Mike W Member Since: Sep 28, 2016

PayPal is the best method for a lot of freelancers and I have used this method since day 1.  It always arrives on time and never any hassles.  Another benefit of this is may be eligible for the PayPal Access Card which acts just like a bank card.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!

And how long does it take to make PayPal card? And what are the fees?

Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014

Hi Vasilii V,

Local banks may have steep charges for withdrawals especially if international. View the Select How You Get Paid article to see what other options you have for accessing your earnings.

Creating a PayPal is really quick and easy. There's even an option from the Settings > Get Paid > Add Method to set up a PayPal account. Read more about the fees involved and guidelines in using PayPal through this article.

- Aaron
Untitled
Frequent Visitor

Aaron, thanks. But what's the difference between linking your PayPal with your bank card and transferring directly to bank? E.g. if my bank charges 20 euros for any incoming tranfer from outside of EU will this rate be applied to Paypal+my card? Sorry if stupid question, I'm new here.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Vasilii, 

This is still dependent on the fees Paypal charges to transfer money to your local bank, and the fees charged by your bank for direct transfers from Upwork. 

The cost per withdrawal from Upwork direct to you local bank is $0.99. For Paypal transfers, Upwork charges a small per-transfer fee, and there may be additional costs on PayPal's side. You may read this help article to know the fees charged for each payment method. 

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Juan B Member Since: May 18, 2018

20 € ???? Dude I'm Spanish and that's a robbery, you should checkout cards like revolut or n26, with those ones banks don't charge you ANYTHING with a limited number of withdrawals. I use it for travelling.

Good luck

Frequent Visitor
David Antonio C Member Since: Jun 25, 2017

Juan! N26 es efectivo en España? Les he preguntado y me dicen que no admiten transferencias SWIFT. Sin embargo, agregué el IBAN que me corresponde pero ahora tengo temor a no recibir mis pagos. 

Un saludo!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS