This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

The best skill to learn for long-term success

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016

Hello everyone

I am working  on Upwork for long, working in the Writing category. I am not satisfied with my incomes, and I think it's mainly due to huge and often dumping competition. There ARE clients with good rates, but it's really hard to reach them due to huge competition and some tough barriers such as being a native speaker. Few good paying clients will consider someone from countries like Serbia and Mcedonia as verse writers, even though I assume there are many, and some are successful, but consistent workflow for good rates is hardly accesible to most writers from Serbia.

I am sure the best solution is to move on to something more sophisticated, such as back-end programming. 

I would like to know which IT skills are the most promising to make Upwork success in long term, for someone who doesn't have tech, engineering nor designer background. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS