This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Wire Transfer Serbia - Difference between IBAN and account number?

Highlighted
Eleonore C Member Since: Dec 24, 2013
Hi, it is all in the subject section. I am not sure about what to enter as it seems that it is not the same, but my bank - Intesa - tells me it is. I mean, they say that IBAN is the whole formula, whereas account number solely is only a part of the IBAN, i.e without the RS + 5 numbers at the beginning. Plus, IBAN means International Bank Account Number and starts with RS so... Also, it is to get USD in my account, and the SWIFT I entered was recognized by oDesk in first place so I guess that since there was no issue when I entered the IBAN, should be ok right? Thanks if you read it, and maybe we can discuss about this: does it worth to pay 30USD for a wire, or Skrill is as safe, and better? Pozdrav.
5 REPLIES
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
I use Skrill with no problems at all. Now(finally!) as of actually today, we have PayPall so I think that I 'll switch to PayPall in the near future. Hope this helps! Best
Eleonore C Member Since: Dec 24, 2013
Zdravo Smiley Happy Mmmh sorry, but my worry is still about this IBAN... Nobody to answer that? Cool for Paypal, but why is it sooo cool as everyone says? What do they have better than Skrill for instance?
Marko A Member Since: Jul 25, 2015

Won't help you much, just to say that Skrill works perfectly and it it the best solution for Serbia.

PayPal has aweful website, aweful support, crazy high fees...

Register on Skrill, order your free card and that's it. Until that, good luck with Intesa...

Frequent Visitor
Zlatko V Member Since: Sep 18, 2015

What's the difference comparing Skrill to Payonner?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Zlatko,

You can find valuable info freelancers shared about using Skrill and Payoneer cards in this thread.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS